Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications [Help] How to change value on Dreambox 500s Post 302436374 by enka on Sunday 11th of July 2010 09:58:13 AM
Old 07-11-2010
[Help] How to change value on Dreambox 500s

Hello

My ISP has changed the TTL(time to live) and I can't receive packets on dreambox.

How is possible to change TTL on dreambox with any script on boot and to save it.

proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_default_ttl to set from 64 default to 129

any sugestion?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Want to change my Name

Hello, Pls change my login name to Awadhesh instead of awadhesh if possible. it will be more better if it become Awadhesh Pandey. Thanks a lot. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change 43% to 43.5

I have a column in % and I want to display it as a one decimal place number for sorting - what function would I be looking at for dropping the % sign? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change wc -l

Hi, I would like realize a script that it can change " wc -l" with "wc -l | sed 's/ //g'", but my problem is that i can have a pipe ,a variable ( many variable different) or a file after wc -l ?how i could test this several case ? wc -l | cut -d' ' -f1` if wc -l ${F} | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

8. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
NSCD.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						      NSCD.CONF(5)

NAME
nscd.conf -- nscd configuration file DESCRIPTION
The nscd.conf file is used by the nscd(8) daemon and is read on its startup. Its syntax is mostly similar to the nscd.conf syntax in Linux and Solaris. It has some differences, though -- see them below. Each line specifies either an attribute and a value, or an attribute, a cachename and a value. Usual cachenames are ``passwd'', ``group'', ``hosts'', ``services'', ``protocols'' and ``rpc''. You can also use any other cachename (for example, if some third-party application uses nsswitch). threads [value] Number of threads, which would listen for connections and process requests. The minimum is 1. The default value is 8. enable-cache [cachename] [yes | no] Enables or disables the cache for specified cachename. positive-time-to-live [cachename] [value] Sets the TTL (time-to-live) for the specified cache in seconds. Larger values can increase system's performance, but they also can affect the cache coherence. The default value is 3600. positive-policy [cachename] [fifo | lru | lfu] The policy that is applied to erase some of the cache elements, when the size limit of the given cachename is exceeded. Possible policies are: fifo (first-in-first-out), lru (least-recently-used), and lfu (least-frequently-used). The default policy is lru. negative-time-to-live [cachename] [value] The TTL of the negative cached elements in seconds. The larger values can significantly increase system performance in some environ- ments (when dealing with files with UIDs, which are not in system databases, for example). This number should be kept low to avoid the cache coherence problems. The default value is 60. negative-policy [cachename] [fifo | lru | lfu] The same as the positive-policy, but this one is applied to the negative elements of the given cachename. The default policy is fifo. negative-confidence-threshold [cachename] [value] The number of times a query must have failed before the cache accepts that the element can not be found. At the default value of 1 each negative query result is cached and immediately returned from the cache on further queries. Higher numbers cause queries to be retried at the configured data sources the given number of times, before the negative result is returned from the cache on further queries. This allows to probe for the existence of an entry, and then to create it if it did not exist, without the negative probe result preventing access to the new entry for the duration of the negative TTL. suggested-size [cachename] [value] This is the internal hash table size. The value should be a prime number for optimum performance. You should only change this value when the number of cached elements is significantly (5-10 times) greater than the default hash table size (257). keep-hot-count [cachename] [value] The size limit of the cache with the given cachename. When it is exceeded, the policy will be applied. The default value is 2048. perform-actual-lookups [cachename] [yes | no] If enabled, the nscd(8) does not simply receive and cache the NSS-requests results, but performs all the lookups by itself and only returns the responses. If this feature is enabled, then for the given cachename nscd(8) will act similarly to the NSCD. NOTE: this feature is currently experimental -- it supports only ``passwd'', ``group'' and ``services'' cachenames. NOTES
You can use the '#' symbol at the beginning of the line for comments. FILES
/etc/nscd.conf SEE ALSO
nscd(8) AUTHORS
Michael Bushkov <bushman@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
Please send bug reports and suggestions to <bushman@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
April 30, 2006 BSD