Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SUN TO AIX (UMASK)
Operating Systems AIX SUN TO AIX (UMASK) Post 302436363 by Mr.AIX on Sunday 11th of July 2010 07:59:14 AM
Old 07-11-2010

How to configure the umask ..

1. Smitty user
2. Change / Show Characteristics of a User
3. Select the user
4. Go down until ( File creation UMASK )
5. Now but your umask number

Another way ...

Edit your user profile and add the below line then save it …
umask 003

Last edited by Mr.AIX; 07-11-2010 at 06:43 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aix mksysb , hpux make_recovery sun?

hi, for aix and hpux, we have both mksysb and make_recovery for restoring to the former state after it was crashed. is there any equivalent to sun? any pointers will be appreciated. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

system messages log (Sun and AIX)

Hello, I need a few explanation about the log files for system messages: /var/adm/messages and /var/log/syslog. As /var/adm/messages is empty on my machine, i need help. First, i would like to know what the difference between these 2 files is? Do they contain different kinds of system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
3 Replies

3. AIX

Porting to AIX from Sun Solaris

Hi, When we tried to port our Pro*C programs from sun solaris to AIX, We get following error messages: The following library is not available... This library file is required for Pro*C Object Linking and Bin creation. /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1. Can anybody help us on this ? Regards rbs100 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbs100
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Transfer issues SUN - > AIX

Hi, I'm puzzled at how this could be. I'm trying to transfer some files from an Sun box to an AIX box via FTP. The file transfer goes fine until it reaches a file of about 150k then times out and fails. The FTP Does not seem to be able to transfer files of more than 150k! However, I can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

5. Solaris

SMIT i AIX Sun Solaris ?

i now when i want use the smit in AIX is possible but a ask if you has in sun same job in sun tel me please awating supports (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yalmalki
3 Replies

6. AIX

SUN StorageTek tape drive with AIX 5.1

Hi, I have recently purchase a SUN Storage Tek desktop LTO 4 HH tape drive and connected to a IBM AIX 5.1 server. The server can detect the tape device. Can someone please advice urgently. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Caully
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find / sed on lnx/AIX/sun

Hello @all first of all in the best case this script has to work on every os (lnx/aix/sun). It's very simple what it should do. I have a standard path and I'll call it for this example /myhome/scripts Within this path there are more files and folders and some of them are tagged with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miniqpa
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default umask setting during ftp AIX

Hi, I have set below option in following file /etc/inetd.conf in AIX. ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/ftpd ftpd -u 2 But still it created the file with permission (640): -rw-r----- 1 ftptosas ftpusrg 6091 Jul 28 12:23 diff_061920.txt Required permission... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mageshpsv01
1 Replies
fence_zvm(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      fence_zvm(8)

NAME
fence_zvm - I/O Fencing agent for GFS on s390 and zSeries VM clusters SYNOPSIS
fence_zvm [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
fence_zvm is an I/O Fencing agent used on a GFS virtual machine in a s390 or zSeries VM cluster. It uses the s3270 program to log the specified virtual machine out of VM. For fence_zvm to execute correctly, you must have s3270 in your PATH. fence_zvm accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. fence_node sends the options through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_zvm can be run by itself with command line options which is useful for testing. Vendor URL: http://www.ibm.com OPTIONS
-a IPaddress IP address or hostname of the Physical machine (required). -h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -u userid userid of the virtual machine to fence (required). -p password password of the virtual machine to fence (required). -S path Full path to an executable to generate the password of the virtual machine to fence. -q quiet mode, no output. -V Print out a version message, then exit. STDIN PARAMETERS
agent = < param > This option is used by fence_node(8) and is ignored by fence_zvm. ipaddr = < hostname | ip > IP address or hostname of the Physical machine (required). passwd = < param > password of the virtual machine to fence (required). passwd_script = < param > Full path to an executable to generate the password of the virtual machine to fence. userid = < param > userid of the virtual machine to fence (required). SEE ALSO
fence(8), fenced(8), fence_node(8) fence_zvm(8)