Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help in arranging the alias Post 302436209 by joeyg on Friday 9th of July 2010 04:03:01 PM
Old 07-09-2010
Tools Someting like this...

Code:
C:\cygwin\tmp>tr "=" " " <up.txt | tr -d "'" | gawk '{print "- profile:\n  title: "$2"\n  sshparams: "$4,$5}'
- profile:
  title: ada
  sshparams: -Y username@da.domain.com
- profile:
  title: ast
  sshparams: -Y username@terix.domain.com
- profile:
  title: bb1
  sshparams: -X username@ggserver.ns.domain.com

I change the = to a space to make the fields easier to deal with, and I delete the ' characters to save confusion later.
This could be redirected to a file by adding >out.txt at the end of command.

Is this what you are trying to do?
This User Gave Thanks to joeyg For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with arranging data file

Dears, I have the below data, sss-aaaaaa 111211 222222 33333 22222 1163111 sss-vvvvvv 111311 224522 335633 24322 111511 sss-cccccc 111221 224522 333333 24322 111511 sss-dddddd 111211 222222 33333 22345222 113111 I want to make them like ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging files

Hi all, This is program to identify and arrange programs(scripts) based on their she-bang values to a folder with the same name. The parts of mkdir and copy and creating problems.I also doubt the use of hash...maybe some problems in it. Please help out debugging this. Code pasted at: Paste... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek788
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-arranging lines of text... help?

Hello, I am new to Linux, and I am learning slowly but for surely. I am trying to currently figure out how to go about re-arranging lines of text of a *.txt file... Like for example: Say pool.txt has 20 lines of text, and the last 5 lines of text I want to move to the top of the *.txt file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorte85
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

arranging columns with AWK

Hi there! Can this be done with AWK? Several text files (file1, file2, etc) with different number of lines. Need to append each file to a Reference File (ReFile), and match each line of file1, file2 etc to the closest value in ReFile. Empty cells must be filled with NA, or 0. The number of lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sramirez
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arranging data

I have thousand lines of data...: A 1 B 2 C 3 D 4 E 5 A 21 B 22 C 23 D 24 E 25 A 31 B 32 C 33 D 34 E 35 ........... ON AND AND ON (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in arranging the output

Hello All, Please find attached input and output files. I want to write a shell script to achieve this. I tried using awk but not getting how to do this as I am new to shell programming. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudeep Bhattad
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arranging columns in a line

Hi, Please give a solution... Current File 200101701 A 5 B 283 D 222 200085506 A 5 B 6 C 304 200081406 A 5 200101784 D 1111Desired Output 200101701 A 0005 B 0283 * * D 222 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in arranging data

I have a file with user activity and need to display only the start and end timestamp of the activity. I don't know how can we write an logic for this please help me in a bettr way to work on it User Activity_log ----------------------------------- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help arranging text

By using this code how can we get the stars in inverted positions? str="*" for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo "$str" str="$str *" done The output should be like this * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
5 Replies
ALI(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    ALI(1)

NAME
ali - list mail aliases SYNOPSIS
ali [-alias aliasfile] [-list | -nolist] [-normalize | -nonormalize] [-user | -nouser] [-version] [-help] [aliases ...] DESCRIPTION
Ali searches the named mail alias files for each of the given aliases. It creates a list of addresses for those aliases, and writes that list on standard output. If no arguments are given, ali outputs all alias entries. By default, when an aliases expands to multiple addresses, the addresses are separated by commas and printed on as few lines as possible. If the -list option is specified, then when an address expands to multiple addresses, each address will appear on a separate line. The switch -user directs ali to perform its processing in an inverted fashion: instead of listing the addresses that each given alias expands to, ali will list the aliases that expand to each given address. If the -normalize switch is given, ali will try to track down the official hostname of the address. The files specified by the profile entry "Aliasfile" and any additional alias files given by the -alias aliasfile switch will be read. Each alias is processed as described in mh-alias(5). FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile /etc/passwd List of users /etc/group List of groups PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Aliasfile: For a default alias file SEE ALSO
mh-alias(5) DEFAULTS
`aliasfiles' defaults to /etc/nmh/MailAliases `-nolist' `-nonormalize' `-nouser' CONTEXT
None BUGS
The -user option with -nonormalize is not entirely accurate, as it does not replace local nicknames for hosts with their official site names. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 ALI(1)