Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check programs used most
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Check programs used most Post 302436143 by methyl on Friday 9th of July 2010 09:51:46 AM
Old 07-09-2010
If you are not running unix it can be confusing posting questions in a unix forum. No idea whether Ubuntu Linux has unix System Accounting but I doubt it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where did my programs go?

I notice that (Mandrake) Linux and Windows do not seem to operate alike in terms of installing third party software. Windows, on one hand, creates icons and adds items to the Start Menu, with the help of the InstallShield--or equivalent, of course, but Linux, on the other hand, seems to care... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: helvetica
3 Replies

2. Programming

TSR programs

hi I want to write a tsr routine which use to replace the screen saver program, is it possible in unix? how to write a tsr in UNIX? what is address of screen saver program so that i can replace my routine in that address. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
6 Replies

3. Linux

Linux-programs

I have installed Red Hat Linux 9.0 recently on my computer. Im wondering if there are any good sites for downloading linux programs besides the site of Red Hat. Thank you in advance!:D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programs

how to write pipe for finding out the login names and login time of the users whose login name begins with p. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rameshparsa
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Compiling programs

Hi guys i have posted a thread months ago and a guy called dukenuke or smething like that told me that i have to install Sun Studio if i want to be able to compile programs. I have installed Sun Studio 12 and put it in my PATH but no success compiling anything. when i download some source (tar.gz)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saveka
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check user installed programs

How do check the programs that the actual user of the computer installed. I do not care at all about the default programs that came with your distro of Linux, I only want the user installed programs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installation of programs

I have installed a program and put the stuff on /usr/local/ However when I run a script it gives an error GMT Fatal Error: /home/chrisd/Dimech/GMT4.5.2/share/PS_font_info.d: No such file or directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Programming

Makefiles for different programs

I have several programs in several directories and want to use make to build the executables. What I have done is to put the main programs in their own directory together with a makefile to build the program. Then I am thinking of having another makefile residing in the directory above so I can run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies
socklog(8)						      System Manager's Manual							socklog(8)

NAME
socklog - small and secure syslogd replacement for use with runit SYNOPSIS
socklog [-rRU] [unix] [path] socklog [-rR] inet [ip] [port] socklog [-rR] ucspi [args] DESCRIPTION
socklog is run under runit's runsv(8), writing syslog messages it receives from unix domain socket path or an inet udp socket ip:port through a pipe provided by runsv(8) to a svlogd(8) process. socklog can be run as an ucspi application to listen to an unix domain stream socket and for more flexible distributed logging. If the environment variables $UID and/or $GID are present, socklog drops permissions to those ids after creating and binding the socket (not in ucspi mode). socklog converts syslog facility and priority information to names (facility.priority:) as found in /usr/include/syslog.h at compile time if present. On solaris socklog also accepts sun_stream as first argument. Please see the web page for details. UNIX SOCKET
socklog [ unix ] [ path ] Starting socklog with the 1st argument unix, socklog will listen to the unix domain socket path. If path is omitted, the default /dev/log is used. The 1st argument may be omitted, default is unix. INET SOCKET
socklog inet [ ip ] [ port ] Starting socklog with the 1st argument inet, socklog will listen to the inet udp socket ip:port. If ip starts with 0, socklog will bind to all local interfaces. If port is less or equal 1024, socklog must be run by root. port may be omitted, default is 514. ip may be omitted, default is 0. socklog prepends a.b.c.d: to each syslog message it receives, where a.b.c.d is the ip address of the connecting system. UCSPI MODE
socklog ucspi [ args ] Starting socklog with the 1st argument ucspi, socklog will run as an ucspi application. Normally socklog will only be started in ucspi mode by an ucspi server tool, such as tcpsvd(8), tcpserver(1) or unixserver. For each arg, socklog will prepend $arg: to each syslog message, if the environment variable $arg is present (maximum is 8). OPTIONS
-r raw. Write the raw syslog messages (no conversion of facility and priority) to the pipe, additionally to the log messages with sys- log facility and priority converted to names. -R raw only. Same as -r above, but write the raw syslog messages only. -U respect umask. Don't set umask to 0 before creating a unix domain socket, but respect the current setting of umask(2). This option only takes effect in unix mode. SEE ALSO
sv(8), runsvdir(8), runsv(8), svlogd(8), tryto(1), uncat(1), socklog-check(8), tcpsvd(8), nc(1) http://smarden.org/socklog/ http://smarden.org/runit/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> socklog(8)