Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get df output into MySQL using bash? Post 302435772 by pobman on Thursday 8th of July 2010 07:30:41 AM
Old 07-08-2010
How to get df output into MySQL using bash?

Hi All,

I want to run some commands and get the output into a mysql database.

I want to run the df cmd into a text file, then import it into my db sysinfo using a bash script.
My table "df" has the following 9 fields:

server, filesystem, size, used, available, useperc, mounted, date, time

cmd for df creates it in a comma separated output.
Code:
df -k | tr -s " " | sed 's/ /, /g' | grep -v Filesystem > df.txt

bash script for loading data:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/mysql --user=<user> --password=<password> --database=sysinfo<<EOFMYSQL

load data local infile 'df.txt'  INTO TABLE df fields terminated by '\,' LINES
TERMINATED BY '\n'; 
EOFMYSQL

Unfortunately this is not working and I only get the first line imported.

Can some one show me how to fix this script, I think it may be to do with the line terminators but can't find a solution.

I would also like to prepend the host name for field 1 and the date and time in the last 2 fields.

I'm very new to sql would really apreciate some help and advice.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a MySql password from bash script

Hi all, I am running this script on Mandrakelinux release 10.1, 2.6.8.1-12mdksmp #1 SMP I have also installed 'expect' separately. I have created an Rsync script, but before any Rsync command does run, a MySql dump must be done first, and I am battling a bit to pass the MySql password from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash mysql export to file

I'm trying to export a mysql query to a .csv file, right now I'm running a successful query like: us_id=`mysql -u $USER_NAME --password=$PASSWORD -D "databasename" \ -e "SELECT * \ FROM databasename.table \ WHERE somefield >0 AND otherfield ='$ctry' \ ORDER BY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql and bash...

Ok the issue I have is a bit complicated, for me, and my understanding of shell programming and bash is non-existent. Background: I do web development for a team of programmers that make custom kernels for the Android OS. The guys are using a bash script (through gerrit or github, like I said... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nyght
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run bash script from within MySQL

Can someone tell me the syntax to run a shell script from within MySQL? I know there is a way to do it, but I can't remember the syntax. I thought it was something like: mysql> \. /user/myscript; but I get this error: Failed to open file '/user/myscript;', error: 2 Please help!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterv6
4 Replies

5. Programming

Loop in bash file for mysql

Hi, I'm having problems with a script which some of you helped me with last week. It's a script to check the status of orders in an SQL database, and if the count(*) is zero, then the script stops. If it's non-zero, the script echos the result to a file and then in cron, I cat the file and mail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidm123SED
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Gawk + MYSQL script

Hello! I've got script to write. It should read databases (names, volumes) from table testdatabase and compares it to actually existing databases in /var/lib/mysql/. If there is no informations about database in table - we should see information "There is no declared informations about database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zimny
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mysql erratic output

Hi,this doesnt give any output mysql -uroot -phruti2 -B -e "use WebNmsDB;select HEADERINDEX from meas_headers where CLLI= '$clli' and IVALSTART>'$ivalstart' and IVALSTART<'$ivalend' and RPTTYPE='$rpttype';" > asdf.txt This generates "good" output mysql -uroot -phruti2 -B -e "use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Technical questions on bash,mysql and pHp

1. bash -bash escape rules, esp. ',", -how to use Ctrl+R reverse cmd search with regex? 2. mysql -how to use grep in mysql 3. php -why !0 is not evaluated to true? what's its value -php getopt: what if there is duplicate in cmdline args (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John_Peter
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional bash/mysql query help

I think(hope) I've got a simple one - I just need to send an email if a mysql query returns any results (ideally - it will never match). Currently I just pipe the mysql query output to the mail program, but of course that emails regardless of the output( and I check this every 10 minutes from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcass78
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql output to file

Hi, Below is my code to execute mysql statement , how to save the output to a file ? #!/usr/bin/bash #Script to run automated sql queries #Declaring mysql DB connection MASTER_DB_USER='root' MASTER_DB_PASSWD='root' MASTER_DB_PORT=3306 MASTER_DB_HOST='localhost'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)