Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx empty body message
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mailx empty body message Post 302435609 by bbbngowc on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 07:50:39 PM
Old 07-07-2010
Mailx empty body message

Hi,

Is there a way to suppress this message?

Code:
Null message body; hope that's ok

My email string is:

Code:
mailx -s "This is my subject" myemail@domain.com < /dev/null

It's just an annoyance to me that I would like see go away.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAILX Body containing SQL results

I have a KSH script that runs a SQL script, then sends an email to me indicating that it's completed. I would like to modify it so that the body of the email will contain a count of the number of records Added, Changed, Deleted as a result of the SQL script. Here's what I was trying, but it's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dstinsman
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx: concatenating strings for message body (KSH)

Hi all, Think this is a pretty simple problem, but I've been thinking about it for a few days. Let's say that I'm going to have to output the contents of a file as the body of a mailx message. I'll probably do this: cat <filename> | mailx <extra commands> However, how do I go about doing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx : can we have the body to be a binary file ?

Hi I am totally dummy as far as UNIX is concerned, so please apologize. I was just given the syntax to send multiple attachments with a body.txt message, it works great and we use it a lot. Now, my question is : can we have the body to be a Binary file (like a Word Document for example)? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CKIRCH
5 Replies

5. Solaris

mailx on solaris - How to add mail body

hi, Can anyone please tell me how to add some text in the mail body like I can add subject using the following syntax. mailx -s "Hi - This is mail subject" xyz@abc.com Many Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abovais
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx and html body messages

Hi, I'm working on Solaris 9 (SPARC) and I like to send an html body message to our users when something happen. The problem is that I can't find how to give mime type information with mailx. To be recognized as html I need to put in email header this information: Mime-Version: 1.0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbagagli
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

send attachment and body in one mail using mailx

Hi, Our requirement is to send an attachment and content in a single mail. I am using the below command to send attachement. --------------------- (uuencode $exp_file $exp_file) |mailx -s "$email_subject" $EmailRecipients -------------------- I m not able to send any message in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The body of the Email -- mailx

Hi, I am using mailx command to send an email and i took the body of the email from a file, mailx -r gtt.org -s "Status Report " ss@org.com < $ProcessStatisticsFile but now i want to declare the body of the email in the command itself. I have tried with the following command but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnu01
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print body of content using mailx

Hi, I'm a perl developer. I need to attach a file from my perl cgi script and send mail to our users whoever using our website. I have used mailx command to attach a file.. it is working fine for me. The problem I'm facing is I'm not getting body of the mail. I have a function called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bheeshmaraja
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx with attachment and message body

i have to attach the 'body in the email' along with attachment below code is throwing errors, how can i do it ? here body file contains message, it should display in email, please help i am using HP-UX (cat body ;) (uuencode attch1 attch1 ;) | mailx -m -s "testing" "abc@gmail.com" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)