Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove Command-Line Option from String Post 302435569 by mattmiller on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 04:45:12 PM
Old 07-07-2010
That doesn't work for me:

Code:
$ echo the_script -a -b -r the_remote_host -x x_option_value -y arg1 arg2 | sed 's/-/~-/g' | tr "~" "\n" | egrep -v "\-" | tr -d "\n"
the_script $

I can't see how you got the output you did from that command. Where's the logic to check for "-r ..." and remove that part of the string?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

command line option: optarg

Hi I'm learning how to add in programm another option by command line. For example in the "my_prog" i want to add a " -k " option and then write a number. I mean: my_prog -k 50 and the i should use the number 50. I'm reading about getopt_long and optarg, and what i have done in the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is a menu or command line option driven script?

i'm confused what this means. i was asked to design a menu or command line option driven script that reads out of a DB and displays info such as read_data.pl -u <user> -e <event> which would print commands run by <user>with the <event> in the db. any suggestions? i've been using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on string and put new line with parameter

Hi Folks, I am new to ksh, i have informatica parameter file that i need to update everyday with shell script. i need your help updating this file with new parameters. sample data $$TABLE1_DATE=04-27-2011 $$TABLE2_DATE=04-23-2011 $$TABLE3_DATE=03-19-2011 .......Highligned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
4 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble understanding file option and command line arguments

Hi, I am creating a program with the C language that simulates the WC command in Unix. My program needs to count lines, bytes and words. I have not added the code to count bytes and words yet. I am having trouble understanding what the file option/flag '-' does. I can not visualize how it moves... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heywoodfloyd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last string from each line

I am trying to write a script that will allow me to recursively look at my directories, and output all filenames to a txt document. I am almost finished, however I am hitting one last snag. Here is my script so far: find . | grep .jpg | awk -F"/" '{print $NF}' > output.txtThis will give me an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinator
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last string from last line in a file

Hi, I have a file like : I want to remove last string in last line (here total string is "05550"~). And last line end with ~ character. Output should be : Please help me Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

7. Programming

Reading command line arguments and setting up values if option not provided

I have a C++ program. I read command line arguments, but if the value is not supplied, I default or make a calculation. Let's say I set it to a default value. I can code this in several ways. Here I show three ways. What would be the best way for maintaining this code? The program will get very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line / script option to filter a data set by values of one column

Hi all! I have a data set in this tab separated format : Label, Value1, Value2 An instance is "data.txt" : 0 1 1 -1 2 3 0 2 2 I would like to parse this data set and generate two files, one that has only data with the label 0 and the other with label -1, so my outputs should be, for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnat01
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Session::Store::File - Basic file-based session store SYNOPSIS
use Plack::Builder; use Plack::Middleware::Session; use Plack::Session::Store::File; my $app = sub { return [ 200, [ 'Content-Type' => 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello Foo' ] ]; }; builder { enable 'Session', store => Plack::Session::Store::File->new( dir => '/path/to/sessions' ); $app; }; # with custom serializer/deserializer builder { enable 'Session', store => Plack::Session::Store::File->new( dir => '/path/to/sessions', # YAML takes it's args the opposite order serializer => sub { YAML::DumpFile( reverse @_ ) }, deserializer => sub { YAML::LoadFile( @_ ) }, ); $app; }; DESCRIPTION
This implements a basic file based storage for session data. By default it will use Storable to serialize and deserialize the data, but this can be configured easily. This is a subclass of Plack::Session::Store and implements its full interface. METHODS
new ( %params ) The %params can include dir, serializer and deserializer options. It will check to be sure that the dir is writable for you. dir This is the directory to store the session data files in, if nothing is provided then "/tmp" is used. serializer This is a CODE reference that implements the serialization logic. The CODE ref gets two arguments, the $value, which is a HASH reference to be serialized, and the $file_path to save it to. It is not expected to return anything. deserializer This is a CODE reference that implements the deserialization logic. The CODE ref gets one argument, the $file_path to load the data from. It is expected to return a HASH reference. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2009, 2010 Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-27 Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)