Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming scripting for recieving a prompt Post 302435464 by guessingo on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 12:06:00 PM
Old 07-07-2010
how do i use expect?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Why am I not recieving email notification?

I have been a member for almost a year now. I have always recieved email notifications when I select "subcribe to this thread" at the bottom of posts that I reply to. However, over the last month or so, I have not been recieving email notification of replys to posts I respond to. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail recieving problem

Hi I have been trying to resolve this issue refering to all your previous post..... but had a hard luck. Below is the code which is when run from command prompt sends the mail taking the mail related crediantials ( email id where to send the mail ) from a xml file whose path is mentioned in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

new account, not recieving email to confirm

Hello, I registered an account several hours ago, and never recieved the email registration link in my email account. Read the instructions posted here, and requested to resend registration link, and this one also has not shown up in my email acccount. yes, I've checked the bulk folder as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: denn
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix sending but not recieving

Hi all, I just setup postfix on my server thats running Centos 5.x with webmin. Now I can send email out of the server but I cant receive email. Server side I can telnet into the 110 and 25 port but coming from the outside of the box I can only telnet into the 110 port but not port 25. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcraul
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

recieving undeliverable reciepts of spam mails that seem to be coming from my domain

Hi I am getting undeliverable reciepts for what look like spam emails coming from my domain. Here is an example: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject:Attack your baby, she wants Sent:02/12/2008 01:45 The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edzillion
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting password prompt for restarting Jboss application

Hi When I do on console a stop, the script prompts for password > stop_idm_suite.sh Suite system password:Here experct of the shell script stop_idm_suite.sh DoIt() { # prompt System password echo "" ${BMC_JAVA_HOME}/java -Didm.suite.home=${BMC_IDM_SUITE_HOME} -classpath... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk recieving script variables.

Hi, I have a script which recieves 3 variables. #!/bin/bash Directory=$1 Archive=$2 Log_File_Path=$3 ... ... ... gzip -l *.xml.gz |awk '{print $1"^"$2"^"$4}'|sed '$d' In awk instead of $1 which should be Compressed size its recieving Directory name. How should this be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem recieving files from net2ftp

I have a very strange problem occurring with a Net2FTP site. I've setted up a VSFTPD with SSL/TLS enabled and it works just fine for almos all archives, however, if someone put a .msg file (Outlook messages), if I download via Net2FTP, the file arrives different (different MD5) and it doesn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
3 Replies

9. AIX

Shell Scripting (prompt off)

Dear all experts, I have a script written to compress a list of files, during compressing, some of the files are having same name. When the compressing started, the same name file will be prompted with message whether to overwrite the old file. I need to enter "y" to continue. Is there any way I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies
Test::Expect(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Expect(3pm)

NAME
Test::Expect - Automated driving and testing of terminal-based programs SYNOPSIS
# in a t/*.t file: use Test::Expect; use Test::More tests => 13; expect_run( command => "perl testme.pl", prompt => 'testme: ', quit => 'quit', ); expect("ping", "pong", "expect"); expect_send("ping", "expect_send"); expect_is("* Hi there, to testme", "expect_is"); expect_like(qr/Hi there, to testme/, "expect_like"); DESCRIPTION
Test::Expect is a module for automated driving and testing of terminal-based programs. It is handy for testing interactive programs which have a prompt, and is based on the same concepts as the Tcl Expect tool. As in Expect::Simple, the Expect object is made available for tweaking. Test::Expect is intended for use in a test script. SUBROUTINES
expect_run The expect_run subroutine sets up Test::Expect. You must pass in the interactive program to run, what the prompt of the program is, and which command quits the program: expect_run( command => "perl testme.pl", prompt => 'testme: ', quit => 'quit', ); expect The expect subroutine is the catch all subroutine. You pass in the command, the expected output of the subroutine and an optional comment. expect("ping", "pong", "expect"); expect_send The expect_send subroutine sends a command to the program. You pass in the command and an optional comment. expect_send("ping", "expect_send"); expect_is The expect_is subroutine tests the output of the program like Test::More's is. It has an optional comment: expect_is("* Hi there, to testme", "expect_is"); expect_like The expect_like subroutine tests the output of the program like Test::More's like. It has an optional comment: expect_like(qr/Hi there, to testme/, "expect_like"); expect_handle This returns the Expect object. expect_quit Closes the Expect handle. SEE ALSO
Expect, Expect::Simple. AUTHOR
Leon Brocard, "<acme@astray.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005, Leon Brocard This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-12 Test::Expect(3pm)