Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: USB drive going offline
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat USB drive going offline Post 302435357 by sunny_a_j on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 06:10:29 AM
Old 07-07-2010
Tried fsck.....

What does the output mean

Code:
# fsck -pv /dev/sde1
fsck 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
/dev/sde1: recovering journal
/dev/sde1 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
 1297672 inodes used (1%)
    9594 non-contiguous inodes (0.7%)
         # of inodes with ind/dind/tind blocks: 86372/1832/4
68330390 blocks used (27%)
       0 bad blocks
       8 large files

1217621 regular files
   79707 directories
       0 character device files
       0 block device files
       0 fifos
       1 link
     335 symbolic links (334 fast symbolic links)
       0 sockets

---------- Post updated at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:37 PM ----------

syslog:

Code:
Jul  7 01:12:23 host kernel: kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
Jul  7 01:12:23 host kernel: EXT3 FS on sde1, internal journal
Jul  7 01:12:23 host kernel: EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
Jul  7 01:12:23 host kernel: SELinux: initialized (dev sde1, type ext3), uses xattr

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

USB flash Drive

Hello all.. I have a Verbatim 2 GB flash drive. I also have Solaris 10 running on my workstation. If I am in the Windows environment, it detects the flash drive. But when I plug it while I am in solaris, nothing happens. How will solaris 10 detect my flash drive? What do I have to do? any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
4 Replies

2. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

3. SCO

USB hard drive problem

I have a USB hard drive attached to my SCO OSR6 machine I accidently powered it off while it was mounted and now the OS complains when you try to re-mount it and it appears that it is complaining because it has a new device number so it isn't at the original device location anymore. does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garycrow
1 Replies

4. Solaris

mounting usb drive

hi, first of all, i would really like to know how to find out where my usb is in the system. if i "cd to /dev/usb i have a hub0 to hub4 and hid0 -- hid5 .. how do i know where my usb is? and i guess once i find out which one my usb is at, i can do something like "mount /dev/usb/xxx /tmp" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
5 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Cannot use USB diskette drive

I would be extremely grateful for any help on the following matter. Under AIX 5.1 and for years I have been using perfectly well a USB 3.5" disketted drive. But since yesterday, after a power failure disconnected my e-server, I have been unable to use the drive. Whatever <operation> I try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjchr
0 Replies

6. Solaris

USB Drive for Solaris

I have a T2000 server running solaris 10, it has 4 USB ports. I want to extend the storage capacity by attaching an external USB drive and mounting it as an other mount point. How do I do that, the following link gives information about USB in Solaris OS, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can not Format USB hard drive

Hey i have a new USB 320GB harddrive i want to use in my Solaris 10 enviroment. i first had the drive format in windows with FAT32, Solaris was able to auto mount this drive and everything was fine, until i realised that it would not except files greater then 4gb, due to the limitations of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Usb external drive

Hi Guys I am using RHEL5 O/S. We have mounted the usb external hard drive to the server as root. I want the user oracle to be able to write into this external hard drive. How do i do that ? Please Help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Drive is showing offline in the /var/adm/messages and shows "drive type unknown" in the format outpu

Hi, I am facing issue with one of the drive is solaris 10. it is showing offline in the messages file scsi: WARNING: /pci@2,600000/QLGC,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w5006016746e00b1b,0 (ssd0): drive offline genunix: WARNING: Page83 data not standards compliant DGC LUNZ 0430 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prasanth T K
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Drive Offline on echo | format

Hi just want to ask if anyone has encounter this error? bash-3.2# echo | format Searching for disks...Mar 28 14:03:31 server1 scsi: WARNING: /pci@340/pci@1/pci@0/pci@7/SUNW,qlc@0,1/fp@0,0/ssd@w5006016408607763,0 (ssd3): Mar 28 14:03:31 server1 drive offline Mar 28 14:03:31 server1 scsi:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gob23g
1 Replies
MKREISERFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     MKREISERFS(8)

NAME
mkreiserfs - The create tool for the Linux ReiserFS filesystem. SYNOPSIS
mkreiserfs [ -dfV ] [ -b | --block-size N ] [ -h | --hash HASH ] [ -u | --uuid UUID ] [ -l | --label LABEL ] [ --format FORMAT ] [ -q | --quiet ] [ -j | --journal-device FILE ] [ -s | --journal-size N ] [ -o | --journal-offset N ] [ -t | --transaction-max-size N ] [ -B | --badblocks file ] device [ filesystem-size ] DESCRIPTION
mkreiserfs creates a Linux ReiserFS filesystem on a device (usually a disk partition). device is the special file corresponding to a device or to a partition (e.g /dev/hdXX for an IDE disk partition or /dev/sdXX for a SCSI disk partition). filesystem-size is the size in blocks of the filesystem. If omitted, mkreiserfs will automatically set it. OPTIONS
-b | --block-size N N is block size in bytes. It may only be set to a power of 2 within the 512-8192 interval. -h | --hash HASH HASH specifies which hash function will sort the names in the directories. Choose from r5, rupasov, or tea. r5 is the default one. --format FORMAT FORMAT specifies the format for the new filsystem. Choose format 3.5 or 3.6. If none is specified mkreiserfs will create format 3.6 if running kernel is 2.4 or higher, and format 3.5 if kernel 2.2 is running, and will refuse creation under all other kernels. -u | --uuid UUID Sets the Universally Unique IDentifier of the filesystem to UUID (see also uuidgen(8)). The format of the UUID is a series of hex digits separated by hypthens, e.g.: "c1b9d5a2-f162-11cf-9ece-0020afc76f16". If the option is skipped, mkreis- erfs will by default generate a new UUID. -l | --label LABEL Sets the volume label of the filesystem. LABEL can at most be 16 characters long; if it is longer than 16 characters, mkreis- erfs will truncate it. -q | --quiet Sets mkreiserfs to work quietly without producing messages, progress or questions. It is useful, but only for use by end users, if you run mkreiserfs in a script. -j | --journal-device FILE FILE is the name of the block device on which is to be places the filesystem journal. -o | --journal-offset N N is the offset where the journal starts when it is to be on a separate device. Default is 0. N has no effect when the journal is to be on the host device. -s | --journal-size N N is the size of the journal in blocks. When the journal is to be on a separate device, its size defaults to the number of blocks that the device has. When journal is to be on the host device, its size defaults to 8193 and the maximal possible size is 32749 (for blocksize 4k). The minimum size is 513 blocks (whether the journal is on the host or on a separate device). -t | --transaction-max-size N N is the maximum transaction size parameter for the journal. The default, and max possible, value is 1024 blocks. It should be less than half the size of the journal. If specified incorrectly, it will automatically be adjusted. -B | --badblocks file File is the file name of the file that contains the list of blocks to be marked as bad on the filesystem. This list can be created by /sbin/badblocks -b block-size device. -f Forces mkreiserfs to continue even when the device is the whole disk, looks mounted, or is not a block device. If -f is specified more than once, it allows the user to avoid asking for confirmation. -d Sets mkreiserfs to print debugging information during mkreiserfs. -V Prints the version and then exits. AUTHOR
This version of mkreiserfs has been written by Edward Shishkin <edward@namesys.com>. BUGS
Please report bugs to the ReiserFS developers <reiserfs-dev@namesys.com>, providing as much information as possible--your hardware, kernel, patches, settings, all printed messages; check the syslog file for any related information. SEE ALSO
reiserfsck(8), debugreiserfs(8), reiserfstune(8) Reiserfsprogs-3.6.21 January 2009 MKREISERFS(8)