Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: USB drive going offline
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat USB drive going offline Post 302435357 by sunny_a_j on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 06:10:29 AM
Old 07-07-2010
Tried fsck.....

What does the output mean

Code:
# fsck -pv /dev/sde1
fsck 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
/dev/sde1: recovering journal
/dev/sde1 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
 1297672 inodes used (1%)
    9594 non-contiguous inodes (0.7%)
         # of inodes with ind/dind/tind blocks: 86372/1832/4
68330390 blocks used (27%)
       0 bad blocks
       8 large files

1217621 regular files
   79707 directories
       0 character device files
       0 block device files
       0 fifos
       1 link
     335 symbolic links (334 fast symbolic links)
       0 sockets

---------- Post updated at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:37 PM ----------

syslog:

Code:
Jul  7 01:12:23 host kernel: kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
Jul  7 01:12:23 host kernel: EXT3 FS on sde1, internal journal
Jul  7 01:12:23 host kernel: EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
Jul  7 01:12:23 host kernel: SELinux: initialized (dev sde1, type ext3), uses xattr

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

USB flash Drive

Hello all.. I have a Verbatim 2 GB flash drive. I also have Solaris 10 running on my workstation. If I am in the Windows environment, it detects the flash drive. But when I plug it while I am in solaris, nothing happens. How will solaris 10 detect my flash drive? What do I have to do? any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
4 Replies

2. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

3. SCO

USB hard drive problem

I have a USB hard drive attached to my SCO OSR6 machine I accidently powered it off while it was mounted and now the OS complains when you try to re-mount it and it appears that it is complaining because it has a new device number so it isn't at the original device location anymore. does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garycrow
1 Replies

4. Solaris

mounting usb drive

hi, first of all, i would really like to know how to find out where my usb is in the system. if i "cd to /dev/usb i have a hub0 to hub4 and hid0 -- hid5 .. how do i know where my usb is? and i guess once i find out which one my usb is at, i can do something like "mount /dev/usb/xxx /tmp" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
5 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Cannot use USB diskette drive

I would be extremely grateful for any help on the following matter. Under AIX 5.1 and for years I have been using perfectly well a USB 3.5" disketted drive. But since yesterday, after a power failure disconnected my e-server, I have been unable to use the drive. Whatever <operation> I try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjchr
0 Replies

6. Solaris

USB Drive for Solaris

I have a T2000 server running solaris 10, it has 4 USB ports. I want to extend the storage capacity by attaching an external USB drive and mounting it as an other mount point. How do I do that, the following link gives information about USB in Solaris OS, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can not Format USB hard drive

Hey i have a new USB 320GB harddrive i want to use in my Solaris 10 enviroment. i first had the drive format in windows with FAT32, Solaris was able to auto mount this drive and everything was fine, until i realised that it would not except files greater then 4gb, due to the limitations of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Usb external drive

Hi Guys I am using RHEL5 O/S. We have mounted the usb external hard drive to the server as root. I want the user oracle to be able to write into this external hard drive. How do i do that ? Please Help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Drive is showing offline in the /var/adm/messages and shows "drive type unknown" in the format outpu

Hi, I am facing issue with one of the drive is solaris 10. it is showing offline in the messages file scsi: WARNING: /pci@2,600000/QLGC,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w5006016746e00b1b,0 (ssd0): drive offline genunix: WARNING: Page83 data not standards compliant DGC LUNZ 0430 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prasanth T K
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Drive Offline on echo | format

Hi just want to ask if anyone has encounter this error? bash-3.2# echo | format Searching for disks...Mar 28 14:03:31 server1 scsi: WARNING: /pci@340/pci@1/pci@0/pci@7/SUNW,qlc@0,1/fp@0,0/ssd@w5006016408607763,0 (ssd3): Mar 28 14:03:31 server1 drive offline Mar 28 14:03:31 server1 scsi:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gob23g
1 Replies
MKFS.MINIX(8)						       System Administration						     MKFS.MINIX(8)

NAME
mkfs.minix - make a Minix filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.minix [options] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.minix creates a Linux MINIX filesystem on a device (usually a disk partition). The device is usually of the following form: /dev/hda[1-8] (IDE disk 1) /dev/hdb[1-8] (IDE disk 2) /dev/sda[1-8] (SCSI disk 1) /dev/sdb[1-8] (SCSI disk 2) The device may be a block device or a image file of one, but this is not enforced. Expect not much fun on a character device :-). The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. It is present only for backwards compatibility. If omit- ted the size will be determined automatically. Only block counts strictly greater than 10 and strictly less than 65536 are allowed. OPTIONS
-c, --check Check the device for bad blocks before creating the filesystem. If any are found, the count is printed. -n, --namelength length Specify the maximum length of filenames. Currently, the only allowable values are 14 and 30 for file system versions 1 and 2. Ver- sion 3 allows only value 60. The default is 30. -i, --inodes number Specify the number of inodes for the filesystem. -l, --badblocks filename Read the list of bad blocks from filename. The file has one bad-block number per line. The count of bad blocks read is printed. -1 Make a Minix version 1 filesystem. This is the default. -2, -v Make a Minix version 2 filesystem. -3 Make a Minix version 3 filesystem. -V, --version Display version information and exit. The long option cannot be combined with other options. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.minix is one of the following: 0 No errors 8 Operational error 16 Usage or syntax error SEE ALSO
fsck(8), mkfs(8), reboot(8) AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.minix command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2015 MKFS.MINIX(8)