Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sunfire 490 connect to IBM SAN DS4000 Post 302435289 by pressy on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 03:45:22 AM
Old 07-07-2010
hi,

it is in the cluster-support-matrix, so it should work without problems:
Sun Cluster Open Storage Program - IBM ? Enterprise Storage Server family

gP
This User Gave Thanks to pressy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

ibm san cache battery with aix

Hi All, I would like to share this incident that happened the other day. I have a question with this, https://www.unix.com/aix/64921-create-new-vg-san-rename-fs.html And I thought it's related to the above link but the problem was the ibm san 4300 cache battery was dead and I need to click... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

First steps on Ibm SAN DS4500

Hello everyone ! Im new on Ibm San DS4500. Can you give me some tips to this, because I dont want to make a mistake. I have some questions. How can I know how much space get on the san, I cant find it. How can add more space to a partition. Do you have some tutorial about this. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

3. AIX

Question about IBM San Ds4500

I have a question about SAN commands I have almost 15Tb of disk on my san but assigned and something else I have almost 11Tb There is a command to know, what its my real total storage capacity and another command to know how much I used .? Thanks again in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to Sunfire v215 box via XStart

SUN DataBase Server (Sunfire v215) Machine addresses Server IP:10.8.104.53 Server Mgmt IP:10.8.104.51 Server hostname:memstestdb OS passwords root:********* oracle:********* ALOM (Admin/Management) Machine IP: 10.8.104.51 ALOM account and password: admin:s@vi2005 (Note: at the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jai111
2 Replies

5. AIX

MPIO RDAC IBM SAN STORAGE DS4700 ?

Hello, I have AIX 6.1 with TL 4 and it is connected to IBM SAN STORAGE DS4700 After assigning some disks from SAN to AIX, I can see the disks in my AIX as hdisk2 Available 05-00-02 MPIO Other DS4K Array Disk hdisk3 Available 05-00-02 MPIO Other DS4K Array Disk But it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot see the IBM SAN storage

HI all, I had recently change the Server storage from EMC to the IBM SAN. but after the configuration, the IBM success to see the server HBA port and successfully assign a LUN for the server. When i go to the server, and restarted it. i use the "format" command to check, but din see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

7. AIX

IBM SAN storage -- cache battery

Hello, I have IBM SAN STORAGE DS4100 and one of the cache battery for the controller is dead. Suddenly the performance has been degraded and access to SAN disks ( reading and writing ) became very slow ? My query: Replacing the battery will take 6 days, so in the mean time what are the ways... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. AIX

IBM SAN STORAGE HOT SPARE DISK

Hello, I have DS4000 IBM SAN Storage ( aka FastT Storage ) One of my disks has failed and I had a hot spare disk covering all the arrays. As the disk failed, immediately the hotspare disk took over the failed disk ( see the JPEG in the attachment ) My Question: How can I make the hotspare... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. AIX

IBM AIX - SAN Storage DS4300 issue

Hi, This is follow up to the post https://www.unix.com/aix/233361-san-disk-appearing-double-aix.html When I connected Pseries Machine HBA Card ( Dual Port ) directly to the SAN Storage DS4300 , I was able to see Host Port Adapter WWN numbers , although I was getting this message... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
PDO_ODBC-DSN(3) 							 1							   PDO_ODBC-DSN(3)

PDO_ODBC DSN - Connecting to ODBC or DB2 databases

The PDO_ODBC Data Source Name (DSN) is composed of the following elements:

o DSN prefix
		-  The	DSN  prefix is odbc:. If you are connecting to a database cataloged in the ODBC driver manager or the DB2 catalog, you can
		append the cataloged name of the database to the DSN.

o DSN
		- The name of the database as cataloged in the ODBC driver manager or the DB2 catalog. Alternately, you  can  provide  a  complete
		ODBC connection string to connect to a database as described at http://www.connectionstrings.com/.

o UID  -	The  name  of the user for the connection. If you specify the user name in the DSN, PDO ignores the value of the user name
		argument in the PDO constructor.

o PWD - The password of the user for the connection. If you specify the password in the DSN, PDO ignores the value of  the  password
		argument in the PDO constructor.

Example #1

PDO_ODBC DSN example (ODBC driver manager)

The following example shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to an ODBC database cataloged as testdb in the ODBC driver manager:

odbc:testdb

Example #2

PDO_ODBC DSN example (IBM DB2 uncataloged connection)

The following example shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to an IBM DB2 database named SAMPLE using the full ODBC DSN syntax:

odbc:DRIVER={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER};HOSTNAME=localhost;PORT=50000;DATABASE=SAMPLE;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;UID=db2inst1;PWD=ibmdb2;

Example #3

PDO_ODBC DSN example (Microsoft Access uncataloged connection)

The  following  example	shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to a Microsoft Access database stored at C:db.mdb using the full ODBC
	      DSN syntax:

odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\db.mdb;Uid=Admin

PHP Documentation Group 													   PDO_ODBC-DSN(3)