Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question regarding shells and subshells when a script is run Post 302435155 by daPeach on Tuesday 6th of July 2010 01:47:43 PM
Old 07-06-2010
isn't it due to external programs usage?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question about shells?

I have come across the topic of changing shells, does that mean that all Unix operating systems comes with a variety of shells built in and its up to the user to select a shell of his/her choice? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to run different shells which run different processes

Hi, Would like to ask the experts if anyone knows how to run a script like this: dtterm -title shell1 run process1 on shell1 dtterm -title shell2 run process2 on shell2 cheers! p/s: sorry if i used the wrong forum, quite concussed after watching world cup for several nights; but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mochi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing parent shells from subshells (KSH)

Hi all, I have a shell script which calls other shell scripts, depending on the input. Within a.sh, I have a command which calls b.sh (ie. ksh b.sh) Normally, we use the exit function to terminate a shell. However, if I choose to call exit from b.sh, I will return to the parent shell who... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using different shells in one script

Hi, Is it possible to use multiple shells in one script. There are sometimes we need to club shell specific commands in single script. for example in bash mode we use -e with echo to use Escape sequence but in ksh it is not required. How to tell a UNIX command to run in a specific shell. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Book and Links about Shells; and zsh question

HI, I would like to ask You about some good books or links where I can find information about shells, theoretical information. I will be grateful if You can help me And I have question about zsh loop trivial script: #!/bin/zsh for i in {1..100000} do echo $i; doneexec time is 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on tweaking the PATH variable to allow the world to run my executable script

All, I am pretty new to Unix and still in the learning curve :) I have a simple requirement for which I did not get an answer yet (Atleast I do not know how to keyword the search for my requirement!!!). I have an executable script my.script1 in a folder /data/misc/scripts/dev, which when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run an already made script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question

how to run an already developed script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question. the script goes away and check traffic information, for example check_GE-VLANStats-P3 1.1.1.1 and returns the results ok. how do I run this against an ip list? i.e a list of 30 ip addresses (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
26 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to run addtional Shells on top of the default shell

Hi What is the command to run additional available shells on top of default shell. I am using bash also how can i tell that the additional shells are actually running? Also what is the advantage of running additional shells on top of your default login shell of bash? Lastly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bill Thompson
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run additional shells

Hi, unix newbi here. Im currently on the bash shell, what are the commands to run additional shells? for example i want to run csh and then ksh? Thanks. BT. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BillThompson
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run commands in a script in different shells

Hi to all, i have the following problem... i want to run three commands in a script in different shells... the first command is running always and is needed for the second on to run properly... example # Procedure 1 xterm -e exec1 arg1 arg2 # Procedure 2 xterm -e exec2 arg1 arg2 #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paladinaeon
6 Replies
wxPen(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition						       wxPen(3erl)

NAME
wxPen - See external documentation: wxPen. DESCRIPTION
See external documentation: wxPen . DATA TYPES
wxPen() : An object reference, The representation is internal and can be changed without notice. It can't be used for comparsion stored on disc or distributed for use on other nodes. EXPORTS
new() -> wxPen() See external documentation . new(Colour::colour() (see module wx)) -> wxPen() Equivalent to new(Colour, []) . new(Colour::colour() (see module wx), Options::[Option]) -> wxPen() Types Option = {width, integer()} | {style, integer()} See external documentation . getCap(This::wxPen()) -> integer() See external documentation . getColour(This::wxPen()) -> colour() (see module wx) See external documentation . getJoin(This::wxPen()) -> integer() See external documentation . getStyle(This::wxPen()) -> integer() See external documentation . getWidth(This::wxPen()) -> integer() See external documentation . isOk(This::wxPen()) -> bool() See external documentation . setCap(This::wxPen(), CapStyle::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . setColour(This::wxPen(), Colour::colour() (see module wx)) -> ok See external documentation . setColour(This::wxPen(), Red::integer(), Green::integer(), Blue::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . setJoin(This::wxPen(), JoinStyle::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . setStyle(This::wxPen(), Style::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . setWidth(This::wxPen(), Width::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . destroy(This::wxPen()) -> ok Destroys this object, do not use object again AUTHORS
<> wxErlang 0.98.9 wxPen(3erl)