Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to increase JVM memory in HP UX Post 302435085 by vbe on Tuesday 6th of July 2010 10:45:27 AM
Old 07-06-2010
moved to more suitable forum...

---------- Post updated at 16:38 ---------- Previous update was at 16:27 ----------

HP-UX performance tuning Java? (techniques, tools, and tips)
http://docs.hp.com/en/JAVAPERFTUTOR/...s_HPjmeter.pdf

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E...rm/topten.html
Top Tuning Recommendations for WebLogic Server

---------- Post updated at 16:39 ---------- Previous update was at 16:38 ----------

What version of OS?

---------- Post updated at 16:45 ---------- Previous update was at 16:39 ----------

Get hpjconfig:
https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/sw...mber=HPJCONFIG

My first impression is, that some of the kernel parameters might be set too
low (max_thread_proc). So please execute hpjconfig, and set the kernel
parameters according to the suggestions of the program.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Opinions on memory increase

We are trying to tune a server which phsycially is maxed out on cpu. We are maxing out on memory and swapping at a rate of 20-43% of our swap space which is approx 45% of total ram. We "can" upgrade to twice the memory that we currently have but it will be costly as there are no more seats... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Increase memory allocation for apache

Hi, The physical memory of the unix box running on sun solaris is going to be increased. What extra conf. changes should I take care in order for the Apache server to recognise the extra memory. Your response asap is appreciated. Thanks ravi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to increase the memory utlisation of server

hi all, i need to replicate the environment of one server in another. Two servers are there A and B. i need to replicate A's environment on B. The server A's memory utlisation is 60%, whereas server B's is 15 to 20%. Can some one tell how i can increase the memory utilisation of B to reach... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
5 Replies

4. Solaris

jvm memory settings

When i changed jvm memory settings from 3048 to 3548, appsserver could not start. if no change , it was normal. How do we change .otherwise i had a out of swap space error appeared after 3hrs period when do the monitoring of java application. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijill
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to increase jvm size for solaris 10 (sparc) operating system

Hi, I have solaris 10 (sparc) operating system machine on which I have installed supported weblogic 10.3. It was installed properly. As we know weblogic uses jvm to run and uses a part of jvm memory. But I am facing one problem in which JVM is getting crashed again and again resulting my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj.tati
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find JVM memory usage in shell console

i need to find memory usage by JVM in shell prompt, i tried with pidVal=$( ps -ef | grep "/opt/bea2/jrockit/bin/java -jrockit" | grep -v grep | awk -F' ' '{print $2}' | tr "\n" "," | cut -d ',' -f1 ) top -b -n 1 | grep $pidVal this will just give cpu usage and ram... How do i find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JVM Memory used on AIX

Hello, i need just a Unix command line (AIX 6) that gives me the memory/CPU used by a WebSphere JVM from it's PID such as ps -ef | grep 'jvm name'. I know jstat -gc PID but it didn't work Could you help me please Thanks Christian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steiner
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JVM Memory

Hi all, I am starting a JVM in unix and when I use ps command on the pid of process starting JVM the output is something like this :- java -Xms32M -Xmx64M -Xmx128M I need to know what would be the value of Xmx in this case. And how to check that this value be picked while starting JVM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default JVM Memory

Hi , Whenever I am starting JVM it is getting started with Xms as 256MB, which is 1/64 of the Memory available and by default this should happen. But I want to change and start the every JVM with 128MB. Is there any way to do or I have to manually specify Xms tag while starting JVM. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raj999
1 Replies

10. Programming

JVM processes are not getting memory allocation as soon as started

Hi, i have this scenario, when i start about 20 java processes simultaneously in unix and run ps -eaf command i can see that processes are running but memory is not getting allocated to them immediately and it stays ideal for at least 10-15 min. Meanwhile i run free command to check the RAM,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal Gangrade
5 Replies
JSVC(1) 						   Apache Commons Daemon project						   JSVC(1)

NAME
jsvc - application to launch java daemon SYNOPSIS
jsvc [-jvm JVM name] [-client client JVM] [-server server JVM] [-classpath path] [-cp path] [-java-home directory] [-version] [-help] [-?] [-nodetach] [-debug] [-check] [-user user] [-wait waittime] [-umask mask] [-stop] [-verbose:class|gc|jni] [-outfile /full/path/to/file] [-errfile /full/path/to/file] [-pidfile /full/path/to/file] [-Dproperty=value] [-Xoption] DESCRIPTION
jsvc executes classfile that implements a Daemon interface. OPTIONS
-jvm JVM name use a specific Java Virtual Machine. -client client JVM use a client Java Virtual Machine. -server server JVM use a server Java Virtual Machine. -cp/ -classpath directory and zip/jar files set search path for service classes and resouces -java-home directory set the path of your JDK or JRE installation (or set the JAVA_HOME environment variable) -version show the current Java environment version (to check correctness of -home and -jvm. Implies -nodetach) -help show this help page (implies -nodetach) -nodetach don't detach from parent process and become a daemon -debug verbosely print debugging information -check only check service (implies -nodetach) -stop stop the service using the file given in the -pidfile option -wait waittime wait up to waittime seconds for the service to start waittime should multiple of 10 (min=10) -umask mask sets the file mode creation mask -user user user used to run the daemon (defaults to current user) -verbose[:class|gc|jni] enable verbose output -outfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from stdout (defaults to /dev/null). Use the value '&2' to simulate '1>&2', or 'SYSLOG' to send output to the system log. -errfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from stderr (defaults to /dev/null). Use the value '&1' to simulate '2>&1', or 'SYSLOG' to send output to the system log. -pidfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from the file containing the pid of jsvc (defaults to /var/run/jsvc.pid) -D<name>=<value> set a Java system property -X<option> set Virtual Machine specific option AUTHOR
JSVC is part of the Apache Commons Daemon project. Authors are Jean-Frederic Clere, Remy Maucherat, Yoav Shapira, Bill Barker, Mladen Turk. JSVC is released under the Apache License Version 2.0. Jsvc version 1.0.6 06/10/2014 JSVC(1)