Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Query related to swap information shown by top command Post 302435062 by vbe on Tuesday 6th of July 2010 09:21:43 AM
Old 07-06-2010
Depends on the architecture...
What OS?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap space used greater than allocated using top

Hi there, When I run top on my machine it says I have 497M swap space in use, and 380M swap space free, but I have only allocated 512M swap space to the machine!!!! Does anyone know how swap used is calculated in the top command? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chorgan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to scp command

Hi Friends, I need to execute a scp command to transfer some files from source to target server. Unfortunately the ftp is not working in my case. This scp command needs to be executed via Unix script. I need to know the complete scp command which includes the user-id and password of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

query related to if

wht does below statement mean? if wht does dis -d option do?? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the information about cpu idle from top command?

I am using Ubuntu 9.04. I want to write a shell script to get the information about cpu idle from top command at the real time when i call it, compare cpu idle with 20 (20%), if cpu idle > 20 exit 1, vice versa exit 0. Anybody can help me to resolve it ? Thanks alot. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: huyquocnguyen
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Programatically read 'size' shown in top?

How can the 'size' of a process, that is shown by 'top', be read programatically? I'm fixing a memory leak in a large (20,000 lines) program. (The main.cpp is itself 7400 lines!). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: douglaskbell
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A query related to 'ls' command

I am executing the ls command to show the contents of a folder, it shows some number in front of word total as highlighted in blue color below quotes. Can anyone please share that what it is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Query] Confusion of the Swap when using 'free -m' command

Hi All, I have just installed my first Linux server ( Ubuntu 11.10 ). I am sure I didn't allocate /swap , and double check by 'df -h', yes really no /swap but when I use 'free -m' , returned a "Swap" line as below. total used free shared buffers cached Mem: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joaming
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swap usage by top and free command doesn't match

Its rather confusing, the output of top command is below: The "swap" field of top is described by the manpage as: "The swapped out portion of a task's total virtual memory image." But the output of free command suggests something else and it does tally with the output of swapon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Swap space related issues, how to recognise the newly attached disk

hi!:) i got a problem....:wall::wall: i got several disks in my diskarray. I attached new disk to allocate it to the swap space. The problem is : how to recognise the newly attached disk? I've one more requirement -:wall:- i want to run dns service on another port number.how can i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
Config::Model::models::Debian::Dpkg::Control::Binary(3pmUser Contributed Perl DocumentatiConfig::Model::models::Debian::Dpkg::Control::Binary(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::models::Debian::Dpkg::Control::Binary - Configuration class Debian::Dpkg::Control::Binary VERSION
version 2.021 DESCRIPTION
Configuration classes used by Config::Model Elements Architecture If a program needs to specify an architecture specification string in some place, it should select one of the strings provided by dpkg- architecture -L. The strings are in the format os-arch, though the OS part is sometimes elided, as when the OS is Linux. A package may specify an architecture wildcard. Architecture wildcards are in the format any (which matches every architecture), os-any, or any-cpu. For more details, see http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-customized-programs.html#s-arch-specMandatory. Type string. Multi-Arch This field is used to indicate how this package should behave on a multi-arch installations. This field should not be present in packages with the Architecture: all field.Optional. Type enum. choice: 'same', 'foreign', 'allowed'. Here are some explanations on the possible values: 'allowed' allows reverse-dependencies to indicate in their Depends field that they need a package from a foreign architecture, but has no effect otherwise. 'foreign' the package is not co-installable with itself, but should be allowed to satisfy the dependency of a package of a different arch from itself. 'same' the package is co-installable with itself, but it must not be used to satisfy the dependency of any package of a different architecture from itself. Section Optional. Type uniline. Priority Optional. Type enum. choice: 'required', 'important', 'standard', 'optional', 'extra'. Essential Optional. Type boolean. Depends Optional. Type list of uniline. Recommends Optional. Type list of uniline. Suggests Optional. Type list of uniline. Enhances Optional. Type list of uniline. Pre-Depends Optional. Type list of uniline. Breaks Optional. Type list of uniline. Conflicts Optional. Type list of uniline. Provides Optional. Type list of uniline. Replaces Optional. Type list of uniline. Package-Type - The type of the package, if not a regular Debian one If this field is present, the package is not a regular Debian package, but either a udeb generated for the Debian installer or a tdeb containing translated debconf strings.Optional. Type enum. choice: 'tdeb', 'udeb'. Note: Package-Type is migrated with '$xc' and with $xc => ""- XC-Package-Type"" XC-Package-Type - The type of the package, if not a regular Debian one If this field is present, the package is not a regular Debian package, but either a udeb generated for the Debian installer or a tdeb containing translated debconf strings.Deprecated Optional. Type enum. choice: 'tdeb', 'udeb'. Synopsis Mandatory. Type uniline. Description Mandatory. Type string. SEE ALSO
o cme AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont COPYRIGHT
2010,2011 Dominique Dumont LICENSE
LGPL2 perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 Config::Model::models::Debian::Dpkg::Control::Binary(3pm)