Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Plotting boxes in gnuplot
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Plotting boxes in gnuplot Post 302435006 by drl on Tuesday 6th of July 2010 07:07:11 AM
Old 07-06-2010
Hi.

Adding:
Code:
set boxwidth 1.0

seemed to omit the artifact you were talking about.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Plotting

I need to plot some files with the extension .plot, which I believe is a UNIX Plot(5) extension. Is UNIX Plot(5) something that I must download, or is it already built into UNIX? If it is already built in, is there a trick to actually plotting the files? Is there anything online that I could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: evenkolder
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated plotting

Hi, I would like to make a lot of plots with for instance xmgrace and don't know how. I have a directory with about 500 data files with the same structure and I want to plot always the same columns. I don't know how to call xmgrace to produce a, say, gif plot of the columns 3 and 4 of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gnuplot question: plotting 3D data in map view

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on z-value. - I want to define my own color scale - plot should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karman
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plotting Data within UNIX

I have a set of data that looks similar to the following in UNIX: 0.12_0.008_fall_ff.out:bisect return: 0.08056640625 0.12_0.04_fall_ff.out:bisect return: 0.07470703125 0.12_0.12_fall_ff.out:bisect return: 0.06298828125 0.12_0.24_fall_ff.out:bisect return: 0.05126953125 Previously I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EDALBNUG
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

plotting a straight horizontal line

How can I plot a straight horizontal line using perl in unix solaris environment? Please suggest. Pooja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with extracting data and plotting

I have attached a txt file, what I would like to be able to do is: 1. Extract Data from Columns labeled E/N and Ko into a new file 2. Then in the new file I would like to be able to plot E/N on the X axis and Ko on the y axis. 3. Lastly I would like to be able to extract multiple data sets and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingburg
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Plotting a graph using Perl

Dear all, I have a hash in my data file and I'd like to output the data contained within as a graph (can be lines or histogram form) but I dont know how to do this with Perl. Can somone suggest how I can have a graph with Keys of the hash being on the X-axis and the Values for the keys plotted on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
1 Replies

9. Slackware

Grace and plotting

I am making mathematical graphics in grace, all is working, but my curves are not totally smooth,..i have equal problem in gnuplot,... can i do anything??:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gitac
4 Replies
BNO_PLOT(1)															       BNO_PLOT(1)

NAME
bno_plot - generate interactive 3D plot of IO blocks and sizes SYNOPSIS
bno_plot [ -h | --help ] [ -v | --verbose ] [ -K | --keys-below ] [ <file...> ] DESCRIPTION
bno_plot is a visualization tool for the block layer IO tracing tool called blktrace(8). As noted in its documentation, blktrace is a block layer IO tracing mechanism which provides detailed information about request queue operations up to user space. bno_plot utilizes gnuplot to generate a 3D plot of the block number output from btt. If no <files> are specified, it will utilize all files generated after btt was run with -B blknos (meaning: all files of the form blknos*[rw].dat). The -K option forces bno_plot to put the keys below the graph. If it is not specified, all keys for input files are put in the upper right corner of the graph. If the number of devices exceed 10, then bno_plot will automatically push the keys under the graph. To use this utility, the gnuplot package needs to be installed. To exit the plotter, enter 'quit' or ^D at the 'gnuplot> ' prompt. AUTHORS
bno_plot was written by Alan D. Brunelle. This man page was created from the blktrace documentation by Bas Zoetekouw. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <linux-btrace@vger.kernel.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. This manual page was created for Debian by Bas Zoetekouw. It was derived from the documentation provided by the authors and it may be used, distributed and modified under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. On Debian systems, the text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. SEE ALSO
btt (1), gnuplot (1), blktrace (8), blkparse (1), verify_blkparse (1), blkrawverify (1) blktrace git-20080213182518 February 22, 2007 BNO_PLOT(1)