Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get a known word between two known words using awk Post 302434771 by pseudocoder on Monday 5th of July 2010 05:41:00 AM
Old 07-05-2010
Maybe
Code:
awk '/^alter table/ {print $3}' file > table.names

Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to pseudocoder For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a word with a series of words in a file

Hi, I have a Template file 'TL.body' which says as follows: "There are no <FILENAME> files on the server. " The missing file names are identified and stored in a variable. For Eg: MISSFILE="abc.txt def.txt xyz.txt" I want the values of MISSFILE variable to be replaced against... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brap45
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return a word between two words

how do i get a word that exists between two words eg: this is bryan My input to command would be this and bryan and output should be 'is' Is there a command i can use? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to filter the words, if that word contains the expected letter

Hi, I am trying to filter the words from a file which contain 'abc'. But I am unable to. Could any one help me. For eg: The file contents are 123ab 12hnj1 123abc456 123cgbcahjkf23 23134abchfhj43 gc32abc abc1 2abc3 sd uiguif fhwe 21242 uh123 jkcas124d123 u3hdbh23u ffsd8 Output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_eie
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a word in short words

Dear, Can somebody help me with this? I have a variable TGT=T2DIRUPDAZ20070326VA I want to get in variables some part of TGT. like this. TGT1=UPDA TGT2=20070326 TGT3= VA These three variables have fixe position in variable TGT. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all words from a matching word in a line?

Hi Guys, :p I have a file like this: 2010-04-25 00:00:30,095 INFO - ]- start process U100M4 2010-04-25 00:00:30,096 DEBUG - ] -- call EJB 2010-04-25 00:00:30,709 INFO - - end processU100M4 2010-04-25 00:00:30,710 DEBUG - got message=Sorry I want to out put format. 2010-04-25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all the words after a match word

Hi, I want to print all words till the last word after the match of "ERROR" word. For e.g. I'll get an sqlplus error with e.g. 1 $ ./calltest_fn.ksh var test_var:=test_fn1; calltest_fn.ksh file1 file2 file3 ERROR at line 4: ORA-06550: line 4, column 11: PLS-00201: identifier... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match the word or words and fetch the entries

Hi all, I have 7 words Now I have 1 file which contain data in large number of rows and columns and 6th column contain any of these words or may be more than one words among above 7 words: I want script should search for the above mentioned 7 words in the 6th column ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find repeated word and take sum of the second field to it ,for all the repeated words in awk

Hi below is the input file, i need to find repeated words and sum up the values of it which is second field from the repeated work.Im trying but getting no where close to it.Kindly give me a hint on how to go about it Input fruits,apple,20,fruits,mango,20,veg,carrot,12,veg,raddish,30... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing word and Capitalize words after

I have an assignment and I am not sure what to do. In Unix, I use PuTTY change the semicolon (;) to a period, and capitalize the first letter of the word immediately after it. I know change command is M-% and "." so only one semicolon is changed but I am not sure how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kathrut43
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words before and after a certain word.

I have a sample text file with file name: sample.txt The text file has the following text. this is an example text where we have to extract certain words before and after certain word these words can be used later to get more information I want to extract n (a constant) words before and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)