Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Kernel panic after hard reboot and fsck Post 302434704 by nikkadim on Monday 5th of July 2010 01:24:29 AM
Old 07-05-2010
Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
Looks like something happened to the /etc/fstab file, or maybe even to the initrd. Can you boot up the Live-CD and post the content of the fstab file?
I have booted from RH DVD via linux rescue switch to chroot /mnt/sysimage (linked to /dev/sda1).

Listing of my fstab is here:

listing of fdisk -l | more here:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel panic

hello :-) I have one problem with my LiLO... I installed PLD Linux on my computer but when it boots, the last thing I can see is: request_module Root fs not mounted VFS: Cannot open root device 03:01 Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01 and the system stops :-( what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reboot after Panic

I've got htis message on our sun U60 machine: "Reboot after panic:errID 0x000004eff........." ,this message have been issued on the /var/adm/messages file & cause system rebooting randomly. Any comment. Thanks, --Nikk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

3. Linux

kernel panic

I have compiled kernel version 2.6.12 in my linux box mandrake 10.1. I have followed www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html instructions. I have copied .config file from /usr/src/linux and lightly modified it (only the processor type) by xconfig. I have compiled the source and modules.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davide71
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reboot after panic hp-ux 11o

One of our servers keeps crashing. Here is the following message that we get: 11:01 Thu Aug 31 2006. Reboot after panic: fcpbh_scsi_comp: Inbound data overf low 12:28 Wed Sep 6, 2006. Reboot: 16:12 Wed Sep 06 2006. Reboot after panic: , isr.ior = 0'10240070.0'dcf72938 Does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoultsc
1 Replies

5. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

6. AIX

Is fsck executed during reboot for AIX?

Dear Gurus, I would like to know if fsck is executed automatically during reboot for AIX? Is there any logs which I can refer to? or any documentation reference for this? Thank You. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cteoh88
2 Replies

7. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Reboot After Panic

Hi all, Does anybody know what kinds of events can prompt the following? I found our test db box had rebooted itself. I'd like to know how I can go about finding our why. Thanks folks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kozmo
1 Replies

9. Solaris

fsck entire hard drive?

ho do you check filesystem on entire hard disk? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Df reporting double size of du after fsck & reboot

Solaris 8 running on a Sparcstation 5 (Aurora) with 170MHz processor and 256MB ram This is AFTER doing fsck and reboot. 820030k vs 385252k All other files in /usr/asm not in /usr/asm/sys or /usr/asm/data amount to 43k. The /usr/asm/lost+found is 8k. somehow df and other applications... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcoreyl
3 Replies
MFI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MFI(4)

NAME
mfi -- LSI MegaRAID SAS driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device mfi Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): mfi_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
This driver is for LSI's next generation PCI Express SAS RAID controllers. Access to RAID arrays (logical disks) from this driver is pro- vided via /dev/mfid? device nodes. A simple management interface is also provided on a per-controller basis via the /dev/mfi? device node. The mfi name is derived from the phrase "MegaRAID Firmware Interface", which is substantially different than the old "MegaRAID" interface and thus requires a new driver. Older SCSI and SATA MegaRAID cards are supported by amr(4) and will not work with this driver. Two sysctls are provided to tune the mfi driver's behavior when a request is made to remove a mounted volume. By default the driver will disallow any requests to remove a mounted volume. If the sysctl dev.mfi.%d.delete_busy_volumes is set to 1, then the driver will allow mounted volumes to be removed. HARDWARE
The mfi driver supports the following hardware: o LSI MegaRAID SAS 1078 o LSI MegaRAID SAS 8408E o LSI MegaRAID SAS 8480E o LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260 o Dell PERC5 o Dell PERC6 o IBM ServeRAID M5015 SAS/SATA o IBM ServeRAID-MR10i o Intel RAID Controller SROMBSAS18E FILES
/dev/mfid? array/logical disk interface /dev/mfi? management interface DIAGNOSTICS
mfid%d: Unable to delete busy device An attempt was made to remove a mounted volume. SEE ALSO
amr(4), pci(4), mfiutil(8) HISTORY
The mfi driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.1. AUTHORS
The mfi driver and this manual page were written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The driver does not support big-endian architectures at this time. BSD
May 12, 2010 BSD