Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I need to make a script to delete files not in use in /tmp Post 302434703 by Kwanghyun Lee on Monday 5th of July 2010 01:00:17 AM
Old 07-05-2010
remove files..

If you want to delete files accessed by yesterday,

Code:
A=$(date | awk '{print substr($0,5,7)}')
ls -alu /tmp | egrep -v "${A}|^total" | awk '{print "rm -rf /tmp/"$9}' | sh -

(be careful (rm -rf)...Smilie)
thank you...Smilie

Last edited by Scott; 07-05-2010 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Auto delete files in /tmp dir ???

I have a Solris 9 box my problem is when I restart my box all my files and dirs in /tmp dir will be deleted exept 2 directories I found them since installation phase !!!! How to keep my files at that dir " /tmp " even after restarting ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DarkSoul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make script delete certain files

Hi, In a directory, say ~/dir is a lot of files and subdirectories. Some of the files are named res1.om res2.om ... res65.om The amount of files varies. I need a .csh script that deletes all res*.om files except the one with the highest number. Any suggestions? Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pederlol
6 Replies

4. Linux

/var/tmp/slapd.log.swp delete?

Hi All, Can I delete the above file? It's big, about 1G. It's on a redhat ent 4 with ldap on it. Is that safe to delete? It wasn't been used for already a month and it's in the backup storage. Thanks for any comment you may add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for delete tmp files older than 15 days and owned by "xxx" id

Hi All , I want to delete files from /tmp directory created by "xxxx" id. because i got the list says more than 60 thousand files were created by "xxxx" id since 2002. The /tmp directory has lot of files created by different user ids like root,system etc.. But, i need a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to remove millions of tmp files in /html/cache/ directory

Hello, I just saw that on my vps (centOS) my oscommerce with a seo script has created millions of tmp files inside the /html/cache/ directory. I would need to remove all those files (millions), I tried via shell but the vps loads goes to very high and it hangs, is there some way to do a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andymc1
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

8. AIX

[Solved] Not able to delete/create file in /tmp

This is AIX box and I am not able to create or delete file in /tmp though space is there root@ttcols01/ #touch /tmp/test_file touch: 0652-046 Cannot create /tmp/test_file. root@ttcols01/ #mkdir /tmp/test_dir mkdir: 0653-358 Cannot create /tmp/test_dir. /tmp/test_dir: Invalid file system... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the GB files in /tmp directory in remote server

Hi, i need help on shell scripting. Main intention of the script is step 1: ssh to remote server Step 2: cd /tmp in remote server Step 3: in tmp i want to grep only files and directories which are in GB sizes All the servers list file is - tmpsrv.txt vi tmpsrv.txt ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
17 Replies
i-ls(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   i-ls(1)

NAME
i-ls - display file stat and checksum information for files SYNOPSIS
i-ls [-s] filename i-ls [-s] dirname Specify a filename for i-ls to examine, or specify a directory with dirname to examine all the files in the directory. -s Do not show/calculate checksums for all regular files. DESCRIPTION
The integrit system detects intrusion by detecting when trusted files have been altered. integrit records information about files in a database. i-ls allows the user to see that information for live files. The output syntax is the same as that of integrit. EXAMPLES
i-ls /tmp/foo.txt shows file stat attributes for the file, "/tmp/foo.txt". i-ls /tmp shows file stat attributes for all files in the directory, "/tmp". i-ls -s /tmp shows file stat attributes for all files in the directory, "/tmp", also including also checksums for all regular files. AUTHOR
Ed L Cashin <ecashin@users.sourceforge.net> See the integrit web site for up to date releases and information at http://integrit.sourceforge.net/ SEE ALSO
Integrit File Verification System Manual (info), lstat(2) Version 4.1 Jul 27, 2001 i-ls(1)