Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question about reading and parsing text file Post 302434677 by bartus11 on Sunday 4th of July 2010 02:59:05 PM
Old 07-04-2010
Try:
Code:
awk '{system("mv "$1" "$2)}' filename_toc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text parsing question

How would I split a file based on the location of a string, basically I want all entries above the string unix in this example 1 2 3 4 unix 5 6 7 Thanks, Chuck (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text File Parsing

Hey Guys.I am a newbie on Bash Shell Scripting and Perl.And I have a question about file parsing. I have a log file which contains reports about a communication device.I need to take some of the reports from the log file.Its hard to explain the issue.but shortly I can say that, the reports has a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djlethal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in parsing text file contents

Hi, I need some help in extracting the Exception block between the lines 21 Feb 01:18:54:146 ERROR com.orbits.frameworks.integrationframework.ValidationException - Caught exception in validateRequest() (PID=565584) and 21 Feb 01:18:55:149 INFO ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alecs
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing text from file

Any ideas? 1)loop through text file 2)extract everything between SOL and EOL 3)output files, for example: 123.txt and 124.txt for the file below So far I have: sed -n "/SOL/,/EOL/{p;/EOL/q;}" file Here is an example of my text file. SOL-123.go something goes here something goes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndnkyd
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help parsing and replacing text with file name

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble figuring this one out. I have ~100 *.fa files with multiple lines of fasta sequences like this: file1.fa >xyzsequence atcatgcacac...... ataccgagagg..... atataccagag..... >abcsequence atgagatatat..... acacacggd..... atcgaacac.... agttccagat.... The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycoguy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help parsing a text file

I have a text file: router1#sh ip blah blah | incl --- Gi2/8 10.60.4.181 --- 10.60.123.175 11 0000 0000 355K Gi2/8 10.60.83.28 --- 224.10.10.26 11 F9FF 3840 154K Gi2/8 10.60.83.198 --- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
1 Replies

7. Programming

Parsing a Text file using C++

I was trying to parse the text file, which will looks like this ###XYZABC#### ############ int = 4 char = 1 float = 1 . . ############ like this my text file will contains lots of entries and I need to store these entries in the map eg. map.first = int and map.second = 4 same way I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agupta2
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing text file

I'm totally stumped with how to handle this huge text file I'm trying to deal with. I really need some help! Here is what is looks like: ab1ba67c331a3d731396322fad8dd71a3b627f89359827697645c806091c40b9 0.2 812a3c3684310045f1cb3157bf5eebc4379804e98c82b56f3944564e7bf5dab5 0.6 0.6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: comp8765
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing text file

Hi Friends, I am back for the second round today - :D My input text file is this way Home friends friendship meter Tools Mirrors Downloads My Data About Us Help My own results BLAT Search Results ACTIONS QUERY SCORE START END QSIZE IDENTITY CHRO STRAND ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Text file parsing and comparison

I have two files (first.txt and second.txt): more first.txt cat mammal lizard reptile Elephant mammal ant Insecta more second.txt ant termite ant army_ant (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs_novice
9 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)