Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: c - problem with headers?
Top Forums Programming c - problem with headers? Post 302434650 by Luke Bonham on Sunday 4th of July 2010 07:50:32 AM
Old 07-04-2010
Yeah, those forgot "struct" in functions signatures. A very beginner's error.

Quote:
Also, learning C and C++ concurrently is not a great idea. If you have to know both for your job, pick the one that is used the most, learn it well. Then try the other.
Right.

Thank you all.

Edit:

Since my real problem is that I need real code instead of examples to get a real improve, could you suggest me where I can find some c and c++ free code to study? Thanks.

Last edited by Luke Bonham; 07-04-2010 at 09:36 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Headers

Where can i get C/C++ headers for OS MINIX 2.0.3? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: biosdos
0 Replies

2. Programming

headers of the query

when we are spooling query o/p to certain txt file,in that file how we can get headers in the query.(through unix shell scripting). for exmple q1="slect * from XXXXXX;"; sqlplus XXX/XXXX@XXXXX spool XXXX.txt $q1 spool off in the text file i want the headers of the query..... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya.puccha
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Headers

Hi! Trying to find string and then put the above Headers of corresponding fist line. After executing a Property command a get this output: SP/CH-CH Span Name Type TG Idle InUse OffHk OnHk Ring -------- ------------------------------ ------ ---- ----- ----- ----- 02/01-24 CARRIERSS7... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joel_john
6 Replies

6. IP Networking

Modifying IPv4 headers

Hi, My query is: I need to set the IPv4 header fields(like TOS, TTL, Precedence and Flags) in the linux kernel using the system calls. I tried setting the fields using the setsockopt() call using sockets but it is not reflecting the actual IPv4 header fields. Is it possible to modify these... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_4u
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing headers

Hi, I have a folder that contains many (multiple) files 1.fasta 2.fasta 3.fasta 4.fasta 5.fasta . . 100's of files Each such file have data in the following format for example: vi 1.fasta >AB_1 200bp MLKKPIIIGVTGGSGGGKTSVSRAILDSFPNARIAMIQHDSYYKDQSHMSFEERVKTNYDHPLAFDTDFM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing headers

Hi, I have a folder that contains many (multiple) files 1.fasta 2.fasta 3.fasta 4.fasta 5.fasta . . 100's of files Each such file have data in the following format for example: vi 1.fasta 58 390 A GTATACATTATTGATGAAGTCCACATGCTTTCTATGGGTGCCTTCAATGCGCTTTTAAAA (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying headers

I have a FASTA file with thousands of sequences that looks something like this: I need to modfy the header in such way that everything after the dot is remove. Thus, I will end up with something like this: Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xterra
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Headers

I'm trying to pick up some Unix SysAdmin skills on my own outside of work through the use of the "Unix and Linux System Administrators Handbook." I've found the exercises to be very beneficial, until I came to this.... "What path did the email take? To Whom was it addressed, and to whom was it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
0 Replies
CRIBBAGE(6)							 BSD Games Manual						       CRIBBAGE(6)

NAME
cribbage -- the card game cribbage SYNOPSIS
cribbage [-eqr] DESCRIPTION
cribbage plays the card game cribbage, with the program playing one hand and the user the other. The program will initially ask the user if the rules of the game are needed - if so, it will print out the appropriate section from According to Hoyle with more(1). cribbage options include: -e When the player makes a mistake scoring his hand or crib, provide an explanation of the correct score. (This is especially useful for beginning players.) -q Print a shorter form of all messages - this is only recommended for users who have played the game without specifying this option. -r Instead of asking the player to cut the deck, the program will randomly cut the deck. cribbage first asks the player whether he wishes to play a short game ( ``once around'', to 61) or a long game ( ``twice around'', to 121). A response of 's' will result in a short game, any other response will play a long game. At the start of the first game, the program asks the player to cut the deck to determine who gets the first crib. The user should respond with a number between 0 and 51, indicating how many cards down the deck is to be cut. The player who cuts the lower ranked card gets the first crib. If more than one game is played, the loser of the previous game gets the first crib in the current game. For each hand, the program first prints the player's hand, whose crib it is, and then asks the player to discard two cards into the crib. The cards are prompted for one per line, and are typed as explained below. After discarding, the program cuts the deck (if it is the player's crib) or asks the player to cut the deck (if it's its crib); in the latter case, the appropriate response is a number from 0 to 39 indicating how far down the remaining 40 cards are to be cut. After cutting the deck, play starts with the non-dealer (the person who doesn't have the crib) leading the first card. Play continues, as per cribbage, until all cards are exhausted. The program keeps track of the scoring of all points and the total of the cards on the table. After play, the hands are scored. The program requests the player to score his hand (and the crib, if it is his) by printing out the appro- priate cards (and the cut card enclosed in brackets). Play continues until one player reaches the game limit (61 or 121). A carriage return when a numeric input is expected is equivalent to typing the lowest legal value; when cutting the deck this is equivalent to choosing the top card. Cards are specified as rank followed by suit. The ranks may be specified as one of: 'a', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8', '9', 't', 'j', 'q', and 'k', or alternatively, one of: 'ace', 'two', 'three', 'four', 'five', 'six', 'seven', 'eight', 'nine', 'ten', 'jack', 'queen', and 'king'. Suits may be specified as: 's', 'h', 'd', and 'c', or alternatively as: 'spades', 'hearts', 'diamonds', and 'clubs'. A card may be specified as: ``<rank> <suit>'', or: ``<rank> of <suit>''. If the single letter rank and suit designations are used, the space separating the suit and rank may be left out. Also, if only one card of the desired rank is playable, typing the rank is sufficient. For example, if your hand was ``2H, 4D, 5C, 6H, JC, and KD'' and it was desired to discard the king of diamonds, any of the following could be typed: 'k', 'king', 'kd', 'k d', 'k of d', 'king d', 'king of d', 'k diamonds', 'k of diamonds', 'king diamonds', 'king of diamonds'. FILES
/usr/games/cribbage /var/games/bsdgames/criblog /usr/share/games/bsdgames/cribbage.instr AUTHORS
Earl T. Cohen wrote the logic. Ken Arnold added the screen oriented interface. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD