Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VIM, autocomplete before a word Post 302434584 by thegeek on Saturday 3rd of July 2010 03:33:53 PM
Old 07-03-2010
actually you should do the other way ?!

Like, when you type $va you should expect it to complete the $var_name as it reduces lot of keyings. So if that is the thing which you can do with CTRL+X CTRL+N, and other CTRL+X completions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

autocomplete - bash

Hi all I have installed Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 2.1 onto a Proliant DL580 (dual XEON 2.8GHz processors). The bash shell is not autocompleting filenames/directorynames when I hit escape twice. History (via Ctrl+r works). Is there a setting somewhere to enable this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

History and AutoComplete

Hi, I enabled the Autocomplete of filename by the command set -o emacs But i couldn't enjoy the benifits of vi anymore. i.e I couldn't get the command history by pressing Esc and k. How to enjoy both of this features at a time.? Regards Karthik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fermisoft
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh autocomplete; f-secure/ssh character mapping

I'm coming from a c-shell environment where I was spoiled with the tab completion on the command line, only to find that using korn-shell I don't have this capability. The only thing I can find by googling is to use 'set filec' - but that doesn't work (and I think is only for c-shell anyway). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uacheesehead
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure the AutoComplete Command

Hello All, I'm using the Solaris 8 and I'd like to know how to configure my KSH to use the double ESC to complete the command automatically. Do you know how do it?? thanks. rgs, Paulo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PAulo Trombetta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Path Autocomplete w/ Variables

Suppose there exists a file, "/home/andrew/product/test". And suppose I set $FOO to "/home/andrew/product/"? I can't seem to type "$FOO/t" and then Escape (csh) in order to autocomplete. Is this possible in other shells? If not, then why? If so, then why can't csh do it, and how can I make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acheong87
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

7. Solaris

autocomplete Path on UNIX (TRU64)

Hi, i need autocmplete file_name/dir_name by TAB key. I work on UNIX (TRU64) and I just tried to type on .profile this setting: set autolist but it doesn't work. I think it is because this command doesn't belong to this UNIX version (sure it works for example on HP-UX). I need to set it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: D4vid
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh complete (autocomplete) script

I cant figure out how the complete function works in tcsh. 1. I whould like it to complete after writing my_program.py with either start or stop. I have tried to do something like this in .cshrc.user: complete my_program.py \ 'c/start/' \ 'c/stop/' However i cant get it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_cad
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp command autocomplete

Hi I'm still new around bash and Ubuntu, but I was expecting for the "cp" command to have an autocomplete feature like the ls command. Should it, or I'm assuming too much? In case it doesn't have by default, is there a way to enable it? Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackfox2015
2 Replies
trans(1int)															       trans(1int)

Name
       trans - translation tool for use with source message catalogs

Syntax
       trans [ -c ] [ -o name ] file.msf

Description
       The command assists in the translation of source message catalogs.  The command reads input from file.msf and writes its output to either a
       file named or a file you name on the command line.  The command displays file.msf in a multiple window screen that lets you  simultaneously
       see  the  original message, the translated text you enter, and any messages from the command.  This multiple window screen is easier to use
       for translating messages than a single window screen.

The top window in the multiple window screen displays the text in the message source file file.msf.  The editor displays the  current  mes-
       sage in reverse video.

In  the	center window, displays a prompt that asks you to enter a translated message.  You use a control key editor to move the cursor and
       delete text in the center window.  The control key sequences are defined as follows:

------------------------------------------
       Key Sequence   Meaning
       CTRL/k	      Display control key help
       CTRL/h	      Back space
       CTRL/l	      Forward space
       CTRL/w	      Back word
       CTRL/f	      Forward word
       CTRL/e	      Move to end of input
       CTRL/b	      Move to beginning of input
       CTRL/n	      Next line
       CTRL/p	      Previous line
       CTRL/u	      Delete input
       CTRL/i	      Insert mode (default)
       CTRL/r	      Replace mode
       DEL	      Delete previous character

If you need to span more than one line with the translated text, type a backslash () and press the RETURN key to enable line continuation.
       After you finish entering the translated text, press the RETURN key to signal that you have finished translating that message.

The  bottom  window  displays  any messages generated by If an error occurs, prompts you to re-enter the entire line, including the message
       label or number.

Options
       -c   Display comment lines beginning with a dollar sign ($) for translation, in addition to messages.

-o   Call the output file name.	The default is output file name is

Restrictions
       Your terminal must be 80 columns by 24 lines for to display its three-window screen.

You cannot interrupt a session and restart it at the point you stopped. You must complete the all the changes to a file	before	exiting  a
       file.

See Also
       intro(3int), extract(1int), gencat(1int), strextract(1int), strmerge(1int)
       Guide to Developing International Software

trans(1int)