Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: c - problem with headers?
Top Forums Programming c - problem with headers? Post 302434556 by fpmurphy on Saturday 3rd of July 2010 10:33:04 AM
Old 07-03-2010
And you will probably need to add the -std=c99 to the gcc compile line because loop initial declarations (another C++ -ism) are only allowed in C99 mode.

---------- Post updated at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote:
I disagree about c++. You either code for C or for c++. You don't bounce back and forth C->C++, C++->C.
Hear, hear! I could not agree more.

Here is the example written in classical C
Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <time.h>

struct card {
    char *face;
    char *suit;
};

void fillDeck (struct card *, char *[], char *[]);
void shuffle (struct card *);
void deal (struct card *);

int main ()
{
  struct card deck[52];

char *face [13] = {"Ace", "Deuce", "Tree", "Four", "Five",
                     "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Nine", "Ten",
                     "Jack", "Queen", "King"};
  char  *suit [4] = {"Hearts", "Spades", "Diamonds", "Clubs"};

srand (time (0));

fillDeck (deck, face, suit);
  shuffle (deck);
  deal (deck);
  return 0;
}

void fillDeck (struct card *deck, char *face[], char *suit[])
{
  int i;

for ( i = 0; i < 52; i++ )
  {
    deck[i].face = face [i % 13];
    deck[i].suit = suit [i / 13];
  }
}
void shuffle (struct card *deck)
{
  int i;

{
    int j = rand () % 52;
    struct card temp = deck [i];
    deck [i] = deck [j];
    deck [j] = temp;
  }
}

void deal (struct card *deck)
{
  int i;

printf ("%s of %s\n", deck[i].face, deck[i].suit);
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Headers

Where can i get C/C++ headers for OS MINIX 2.0.3? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: biosdos
0 Replies

2. Programming

headers of the query

when we are spooling query o/p to certain txt file,in that file how we can get headers in the query.(through unix shell scripting). for exmple q1="slect * from XXXXXX;"; sqlplus XXX/XXXX@XXXXX spool XXXX.txt $q1 spool off in the text file i want the headers of the query..... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya.puccha
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Headers

Hi! Trying to find string and then put the above Headers of corresponding fist line. After executing a Property command a get this output: SP/CH-CH Span Name Type TG Idle InUse OffHk OnHk Ring -------- ------------------------------ ------ ---- ----- ----- ----- 02/01-24 CARRIERSS7... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joel_john
6 Replies

6. IP Networking

Modifying IPv4 headers

Hi, My query is: I need to set the IPv4 header fields(like TOS, TTL, Precedence and Flags) in the linux kernel using the system calls. I tried setting the fields using the setsockopt() call using sockets but it is not reflecting the actual IPv4 header fields. Is it possible to modify these... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_4u
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing headers

Hi, I have a folder that contains many (multiple) files 1.fasta 2.fasta 3.fasta 4.fasta 5.fasta . . 100's of files Each such file have data in the following format for example: vi 1.fasta >AB_1 200bp MLKKPIIIGVTGGSGGGKTSVSRAILDSFPNARIAMIQHDSYYKDQSHMSFEERVKTNYDHPLAFDTDFM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing headers

Hi, I have a folder that contains many (multiple) files 1.fasta 2.fasta 3.fasta 4.fasta 5.fasta . . 100's of files Each such file have data in the following format for example: vi 1.fasta 58 390 A GTATACATTATTGATGAAGTCCACATGCTTTCTATGGGTGCCTTCAATGCGCTTTTAAAA (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying headers

I have a FASTA file with thousands of sequences that looks something like this: I need to modfy the header in such way that everything after the dot is remove. Thus, I will end up with something like this: Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xterra
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Headers

I'm trying to pick up some Unix SysAdmin skills on my own outside of work through the use of the "Unix and Linux System Administrators Handbook." I've found the exercises to be very beneficial, until I came to this.... "What path did the email take? To Whom was it addressed, and to whom was it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
0 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)