Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Boot block corrupted then how can i solve that Post 302434434 by sivajerripothul on Friday 2nd of July 2010 01:20:36 PM
Old 07-02-2010
how can i solve dat if it is not open ok prompt also

---------- Post updated at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:50 PM ----------

sparc machines

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

kernerl corrupted

hi , how do i get boot on sco5.04 if it has a kernel corruption . and no kernel backup . is there any option on the boot : before i hit enter ? thx art :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: art_malabanan
3 Replies

2. AIX

LV corrupted

I'm getting the following error after we replaced a failed disk in a mirrored logical volume. We cleared the device entry in ODM before adding the new disk but when we create the mirror we get the following error after running lslv. 0516-022 lslv: Illegal parameter or structure value.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alfredo Jimenez
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Its regarding boot block

I install Redhat linux9 on my local desktop pc on which windoxs XP OS is installed earlier.I made half disk empty and then install Redhat linux9 on my pc and make the system in dual boot. As I install linux latter,the grub boot block(of linux)save on the hard disk.But now I wants to delete the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerghogre
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Could be a corrupted file?

Hello! Do you know the meaning of... "crw-rw---- 1 informix informix 64 0x020001 Jan 21 2004 rifxroot" I don't know what the first "c" means. Furthermor, if I try to copy this file (rifxroot) it appears a message: "cp: cannot open rifxroot: No such device or address" I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaugrs
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

/etc/name_to_sysnum corrupted

Hi all , i have an issue in netra 20 server when i boot the system its getting rebooting and it is giving tha" /etc/name_to_sysnum " file not found i done OK> boot -ar then also not solved please can any body send the answer ASAP regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
3 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob corrupted

dear all , i was trying to run a cron as root , something happened because it displayed "/tmp/crontabC5a4lB" 14 lines, 495 characters cron may not be running - call your system administrator does anyone knows the problems? thanks ---------- Post updated at 01:05 PM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
2 Replies

8. News, Links, Events and Announcements

MS to block linux boot

Microsoft to stop Linux, older Windows, from running on Windows 8 PCs | ZDNet isn't that deserve an anti trust investigation? MS monopoly is transfer into the hardware. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Verification of the Boot Block

Guys, I have a rusty question that I need help with. It has been a while since I supoprted Solaris boxes. I have several hundred solaris systems running Sol 8 and Sol 10. I built the original 250 but they have added several hundred more and I am seeing issues with these boxes that I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to cross check created boot block in second disk

Hi All, I have copied a existing root file system from c0t0d0 to c0t1d0 in SUN Fire 6800 by using the below command, ufsdump 0ucf - / | (cd /new.root ; ufsrestore -rf - ) and later on I created a boot block on c0t1d0s0 by using the below command installboot /usr/platform/`uname... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dammaharasba
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)