Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ping options in HP-UX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ping options in HP-UX Post 302434380 by jim mcnamara on Friday 2nd of July 2010 09:38:24 AM
Old 07-02-2010
ping -n [number]
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp options

Hello again, Is there an option for the cp command to overwrite existing files in the destination directory? Cheers Rob (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milage
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

options

I am just beginning to learn unix and I was wondering if there was a list of all the options somewhere on the net or hidden in the man pages? Also do options always have - and then a letter, or can it be - and a number as well? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terms5
1 Replies

3. AIX

no options

Hi All, I have a situation here that's very fun... I have a system with AIX and iPlanet (sunOne) installed, when occurs an unknown event on the network the WebServer shows a thousand of CLOSE_WAIT connections and this number grows and grows until the webserver crashs. I read some documents... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nascimento.rp
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ping -s....options??

Morning, I have to set up some monotoring between 2 servers, basically we need to proove to the LAN team that we a loosing packets. Is there any way with ping -s that you can specify how many packets you send? I thought there was but maybe not, we want to set up a while loop that echos the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wittosi
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

8. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
MACPING(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACPING(1)

NAME
macping - A tool for pinging other RouterOS or mactelnetd devices SYNOPSIS
mactelnet [options] <MAC-Address|hostname> DESCRIPTION
This tool enables you to ping other RouterOS or MAC-Telnetd enabled devices. You can ping either a hostname or a MAC address. If speci- fied, the hostname (identity) will be looked up via MNDP discovery. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax. A summary of options is included below. -f Fast mode, do not wait before sending next ping request. The next ping will be sent immediately when the last ping is received. This cannot be used with -c 0 -s Specify the amount of bytes to send in each ping packet, up to ~1400 bytes. -c Number of packets to send before exiting. A value of 0 means unlimited packets and the tool must be exited with Control + C. -h Show summary of options. -v Show version of program. SEE ALSO
mndp(1), mactelnet(1), mactelnetd(1). AUTHOR
macping was written by Hakon Nessjoen <haakon.nessjoen@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Hakon Nessjoen <haakon.nessjoen@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). February 27, 2011 MACPING(1)