Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert e+ to number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert e+ to number Post 302434356 by ygemici on Friday 2nd of July 2010 08:40:07 AM
Old 07-02-2010
Code:
# echo " (`printf "%.7s\n" 1.28071e+09`) * 1000000000 / 1" | bc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Script to convert a number into minutes

Could anyone tell me how to write a C shell script according to the following requirement. Write a C shell script convertmin which will read in a number, thought of as representing minutes, and print out the number of hours/minutes it represents so: Note: you are required to check exception... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ringo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert ip address to ip number

I want to make a script to read a list of ip addresses from a file then convert those ip addresses to ip number. ip number is made by removing the dots then transfer to a number , so the ip number transfered to binary then to decimal which will represents the ip number 0 : 4294967295 Also I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: moutaz1983
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to convert number in hexadecimal

hi , i need a script to convert number into hexadecimal base for example: 237=>ED it s very important for me thank you in advance for you help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mips
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert multiple number ranges into sequence?

Looking for a simple way to convert ranges to a numerical sequence that would assign the original value of the range to the individual numbers that are on the range. Thank you given data 13196-13199 0 13200 4 13201 10 13202-13207 3 13208-13210 7 desired... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcue25
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert number to english?

Hi gurus, I have a weird requirement. I need to convert the number to english lecture. I have 1.2 ....19 numbers I need to convert to first second third fourth, fifth, sixth... Is there any way convert it using unix command? thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX rights in a number in a sh script

Hello, i'm trying to write a script sh to convert the rights of a folder or file in a number. Explain: ls -l = rwxrwxrwx so i must display 777. Do you known where i can find so convert script Thanks Use code tags, thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert number

friends as I can convert this value to number in this example it is well but can vary the value does not help me cut from a nesecito espefifica opsiocn get zero CantCabe = 00023 Cant = 23 CantPntCabe = 0000000000000034 CantPnt = 34 if && ; then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert string number to a integer

I have data as below "ROWS merge process complete. thousand rows changed" I need to get a variable assigned the value of 1000. I mean convert the string thousand to 1000. Any help or pointer. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a String to a Number

I read in two numbers from a user but the number is a string. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter first number: " num1 read -p "Enter second number: " num2 I know you can use the the "expr" or "bc" command to automatically convert the string to a number then add them together. But I don't want to add... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert floating point to a number

Hello Guys, I have a floating point number 1.14475E+15 I want to convert this number in to full number (Integer or Big integer). I tried couple of functions it did not work. When I use INT=${FLOAT/.*} I am getting value as 1. I don't want a truncated value #!/bin/bash #... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
9 Replies
DP(8)								     [nmh-1.5]								     DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)