Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Finding the number of bits a executable was compiled Post 302434207 by Leion on Thursday 1st of July 2010 09:29:26 PM
Old 07-01-2010
Finding the number of bits a executable was compiled

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to find out how many bits a c executable was compiled in?
I am trying to do some investigation of running 32bit programs in 64bit systems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding executable files in all directories

This is probably very easy but I would like to know a way to list all my files in all my directories that are readable and executable to everyone. I was told to use find or ls and I tried some stuff but couldnt get it to work. I understand that its dangerous to have files with these permissions for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CSGUY
4 Replies

2. Programming

dbx error ("Executable contains object file compiled on ...")

Hi, We are trying to run dbx on a core file for which we have the original executable and libs, but not the source / object tree. We have recompiled the objects from the original source, but dbx complains that they were compiled at a different time, and refuses to read them: Object file:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of Bits in the Byte

Char BYTE=0XFE... How can we find the number of Bits in this Byte? Thanks, Harika (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikamamidala
4 Replies

4. Linux

gcc compiled executable not working across x86_64 linux platforms

Hi I compiled a hello world program on two different 64-bit Linux machines, named quimby and node0331. When I compile on quimby and run on node0331 I get a "Floating exception (core dumped)" error. But if I do it in reverse, things work fine. Here's my compilation on quimby: $ uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: same1290
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Pick a Number Between 0 and 20 for 1 Million Bits

Here is an easy game! I wrote a number between 0 and 20 (that can include 0 and 20) on a piece of paper. I am staring at it now, imagining the number so you can read my mind ;) Reply once, and only once, with a number from 0 to 20 and the first person to guess it wins 1,000,000 Bits. ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
24 Replies

6. Solaris

Executable compiled on solaris 10 not working on solaris 9

Hi I compiled an executable on Solaris 10 which creates semaphore ( semget) but it didn't work on solaris 9 , while it is executing sucessfully on solaris 10. It is throwing the system error that Invalid arguments ( system error 22) on solaris 9. the ldd for the executable on two servers is as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Viewing a compiled executable file

I've got a executable binary file (source code fortran77, compiled using gfortran). I'm not sure this is even possible but I remember someone I knew was able to view the source code that created this binary file, i.e. he used a program that enabled him to see what the source code was. Is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting the number of readable, writable, and executable items in a directory

Hello, I'm writing a script in sh in which the first command line argument is a directory. from that, i'm suppose to count the number of readable, writable, and executable items in the directory. I know using $1 represents the directory, and ls would display all the items in the directory, and that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kratos22
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the executable files of a directory using Grep

Hi guys, Can you please help me print all the executable files of a directory(in this case /home) using grep? All i know is that this command should do it but it doesnt... ls -l ~ | grep -..x it shows me the following mesage grep: invalid option -- '.' Χρήση: grep ... ΥΠΟΔΕΙΓΜΑ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimas13
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Finding the path to an executable , installed package

Hi all, Recently i wanted to see if i have openssl installed in my system (solaris 10), so i do this (not sure if this is the right way to do this) pkginfo -i | grep -i "ssl" system SUNWopenssl-commands OpenSSL Commands (Usr) system SUNWopenssl-include ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
isalist(1)							   User Commands							isalist(1)

NAME
isalist - display the native instruction sets executable on this platform SYNOPSIS
isalist DESCRIPTION
isalist prints the names of the native instruction sets executable on this platform on the standard output, as returned by the SI_ISALIST command of sysinfo(2). The names are space-separated and are ordered in the sense of best performance. That is, earlier-named instruction sets may contain more instructions than later-named instruction sets; a program that is compiled for an earlier-named instruction sets will most likely run faster on this machine than the same program compiled for a later-named instruction set. Programs compiled for instruction sets that do not appear in the list will most likely experience performance degradation or not run at all on this machine. The instruction set names known to the system are listed in isalist(5). These names may or may not match predefined names or compiler options in the C language compilation system, ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
optisa(1), uname(1), sysinfo(2), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 25 Jul 1997 isalist(1)