Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with sync
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with sync Post 302434182 by Katkota on Thursday 1st of July 2010 05:10:52 PM
Old 07-01-2010
Power Help with sync

Folks;
I have 2 SUSE DNS servers, one will be the master and one will be the slave. we normally update the master when adding any new servers to the DNS list.
I'm looking for a way to sync both servers every night, so the slave is updated nightly.
I thought of using "rsync" with cron to sync the directories but i couldn't find a way to add the password into the rsync command so it won't ask for the password.

Is there a better way than "rsync" and "cron" to sync both servers?

If not; here's what i use for rsync and hopefully someone can help me entering the password in this command line if possible.

currently i use this:

Code:
# rsync  -r  -a  -v  -e  "ssh -l  root"  remote_host_ip:/remote_directory/*   /local_directory

Thanks in advance

Last edited by pludi; 07-01-2010 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

cron sync

hi all , i have a E4900 server cluster that consists of 2 Servers (Cluster1 and cluster2 ) all of my crons are located under /var/spool/cron/crontabs . I am trying to put them on a shared place , so thati dont have to edit both crons on every system . thank you cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

3. Solaris

R-sync for solaris?

Hi Gurus I ave a Prod,standby and DR server(All Sol 5.9) and i need to sync the Application running in prod,standby and DR. The Application vests in a filesystem(a directory) and syncing the directory would server my purpose. I came across rsync utility and am planning to implement it. But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sync password

hi guys I have multiples linux servers Centos 5.3 the idea is to create a mechanism that when users change his password that new password will change on all linux boxes.... do you have any experience on this? I know there are scripts to change password for a user but mine is whenever a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Sync two servers

Hi All, want to sync. two servers , both are having solaris os. If am updating any thing in one server , it will automatically sync. with the other server . Is it possible , if so den how ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sync directory

Hi, I have directory name as TEST on server1 and same directory TEST on server2 now i need to using these directories as new directories and files will be generated by application in TEST directory daily. I dont have rsync package on server. My approach is by lists all sub-directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to sync without rsync?

rsync for solaris seems to be a spotty beast. It's not installed by default. I facing a problem where I didn't have root access to be able install rsync. I did have ssh access and was able to configure the authorized keys so that no password was required to connect from one server to another. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abe123
1 Replies

8. AIX

Unable to sync a lv

Hi Please look in to the below issue and advise how to fix the issue. I tried syncvg but it gives me an error. Recently we have upgraded the service pack in this lpar. ========================================================== pmut8# lsvg -l rootvg | grep -i stale paging00 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
3 Replies
KPROPLOG(8)							   MIT Kerberos 						       KPROPLOG(8)

NAME
kproplog - display the contents of the Kerberos principal update log SYNOPSIS
kproplog [-h] [-e num] [-v] kproplog [-R] DESCRIPTION
The kproplog command displays the contents of the KDC database update log to standard output. It can be used to keep track of incremental updates to the principal database. The update log file contains the update log maintained by the kadmind(8) process on the master KDC server and the kpropd(8) process on the slave KDC servers. When updates occur, they are logged to this file. Subsequently any KDC slave configured for incremental updates will request the current data from the master KDC and update their log file with any updates returned. The kproplog command requires read access to the update log file. It will display update entries only for the KDC it runs on. If no options are specified, kproplog displays a summary of the update log. If invoked on the master, kproplog also displays all of the update entries. If invoked on a slave KDC server, kproplog displays only a summary of the updates, which includes the serial number of the last update received and the associated time stamp of the last update. OPTIONS
-R Reset the update log. This forces full resynchronization. If used on a slave then that slave will request a full resync. If used on the master then all slaves will request full resyncs. -h Display a summary of the update log. This information includes the database version number, state of the database, the number of updates in the log, the time stamp of the first and last update, and the version number of the first and last update entry. -e num Display the last num update entries in the log. This is useful when debugging synchronization between KDC servers. -v Display individual attributes per update. An example of the output generated for one entry: Update Entry Update serial # : 4 Update operation : Add Update principal : test@EXAMPLE.COM Update size : 424 Update committed : True Update time stamp : Fri Feb 20 23:37:42 2004 Attributes changed : 6 Principal Key data Password last changed Modifying principal Modification time TL data ENVIRONMENT
kproplog uses the following environment variables: o KRB5_KDC_PROFILE SEE ALSO
kpropd(8) AUTHOR
MIT COPYRIGHT
1985-2013, MIT 1.11.3 KPROPLOG(8)