Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Difference between 2 zipped text files. Post 302434042 by ravigupta2u on Thursday 1st of July 2010 07:03:46 AM
Old 07-01-2010
file Compare

Hi,

Please help me to implement this correctly. I have below scenerio -

There follwing files in /home/ravi/input folder -

A1.OTL.ARCH.gz
A2.OTL.ARCH.gz
A3.OTL.ARCH.gz

There follwing files in /home/ravi/output folder -

A1.OTL.gz
A2.OTL.gz
A3.OTL.gz

Requirement -
Need to compare A1.OTL.ARCH.gz file with A1.OTL.gz
Need to compare A2.OTL.ARCH.gz file with A2.OTL.gz
Need to compare A3.OTL.ARCH.gz file with A3.OTL.gz

And need to send difference into new file.

File names at both locations are not same.
Could you please suggest eme to write shell script for same?

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uploading Zipped files get 553 error

I am trying to upload .zip files to Unix server and get the error 553 qmerev2002.zip: Permission denied, what is my problem?? I am able to load other files and folders fine. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CoastGuard1970
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping from zipped files without unzipping

I have more than 500 gzipped files in a directory. I have one lookup file in the same directory with 200 key values. I need to get the name of the gzipped file which have any of these 200 key values. Here my criteria is do not unzip the files due to space constraint. Any suggestion? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_kanu
3 Replies

3. Linux

grep thru zipped files

Hi All, I need to check the logs and grep it. The problem is that the previous days are zipped with *.gz. How do grep on the *.gz? Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text File difference.

Hi, I have wrote the query on this issue but i hope i have not explained properly. So i am writing again. Sorry for trouble. file1.txt.arch ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy all zipped files from one folder to another

Hi everyone, when I try to copy *.gz files run cp within the correct source folder it works as follow: Source folder = C:/Documents and Settings/user/Recent papers/2771/ Destination folder = C:/Documents and Settings/user/My documents/1532/temp cp *.gz "C:/Documents and Settings/user/My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing text in 2 files and output difference in another file.

I have 2 files of almost same text apart from 2,3 ending lines. Now I want to get that difference in another file. e.g file1.txt is Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_livecd-lv_root 18G 2.4G 15G 14% / tmpfs 504M ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two text files and output difference

Hi experts, I am trying to compare two text files and output the difference to another file. I'm not strictly looking for differences in text but additional text at the end of one file that isn't in another, so basically comparing the file 2 against file 1 and printing any additional text to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin0852
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all files inside a zipped file

Hi, To all the Unix gurus this should be a simple task, but as a newbie I'm finding it hard to crack this. Any help is highly appreciated... Scenario: Step 1 : Move zip file from FTP folder to WORK folder Step 2: Unzip the file "Sample_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.tar.gz" which contains many file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Work with huge Zipped files

Hello dear members, I have one general and one specific question which I will be very grateful if you could help me with them. Let's start with my general question: 1. I am working on cluster computer shared with other people and I need to manipulate a big zipped text file of 13 GB. There is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabing the same timestamp from files that are ZIPPED

Hi, I am zipping more than 20 files that has same timestamp in all of them. I need to create the zip file with the same timestamp as in the files that are zipped. So I have files: Dummytest_20140601W110515_file1.txt Dummytest_20140601W110515_file2.txt ....... .......... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
5 Replies
XOSD(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   XOSD(1)

NAME
osd_cat - X on-screen file displayer SYNOPSIS
osd_cat [OPTION] [FILE]... osd_cat -b percentage|slider [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
Display FILE, or standard input, on X screen. -p, --pos=POS This option tells osd_cat where to display the text. POS can be top, middle, or bottom. The default is top. -o, --offset=OFFSET This option specifies the offset from the top or bottom of screen the text is displayed. The default is 0. -A, --align=ALIGN This option tells osd_cat where to display the text. ALIGN can be left, right or center. The default is left. -i, --indent=OFFSET This option specifies the INDENT from the left of screen the text is displayed. The default is 0. -f, --font=FONT This option specifies the FONT to be used for displaying the text. The default is fixed. -c, --color=COLOR This option specifies the COLOR to be used for displaying the text. The default is red. -d, --delay=TIME This option specifies the number of seconds the text is displayed. The default is 5 seconds. -l, --lines=LINES This option specifies the number of LINES to scroll the display over. The default is 5. -s, --shadow=OFFSET This option specifies the OFFSET of the text shadow. The default is 0, which means no text shadow is created. -S, --shadowcolour=COLOUR This option specifies the COLOUR of the text shadow. The default is black. -O, --outline=WIDTH This option specifies the WIDTH of the text outline. The default is 0, which is no outline. -u, --outlinecolour=COLOUR This option specifies the COLOUR of the text outline. The default is black. -a, --age[=SCROLL_AGE] This option affects screen redrawing. If SCROLL_AGE seconds pass before a new line is ready (for example, you're reading from a pipe), all lines are cleared at once instead of being scrolled off as new lines replace old lines. The default is 0. When no SCROLL_AGE is explicitly given, the current value from DELAY is used. -w, --wait This option also affects screen redrawing. When there is data ready to be put on screen, this option will cause osd_cat to wait until the display is clear. An alternative to scrolling. -b, --barmode=TYPE Lets you display a percentage or slider bar instead of just text. TYPE may be percentage or slider. In this mode no text is read from any file, but the following options can be used: -P, --percentage=PERCENTAGE This option specified the position of the percentage / slider bar. PERCENTAGE may be in the range from 0 to 100, the default is 50. -T, --text=TEXT This option specifies an optional TEXT which gets displayed above the percentage bar. The default is empty, so no additional text is displayed. -h, --help display help (which is often more up to date) and exit With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. AUTHOR
Martijn van de Streek <martijn@foodfight.org>, Some patching done by Malcolm Valentine <farkit@iprimus.com.au> and Tim Wright <tim@ignavus.net>. xosd was written by Andre Renaud <andre@ignavus.net> and is maintained by Tim Wright <tim@ignavus.net> SEE ALSO
More information on the X OSD Library and its author can be found on http://www.ignavus.net/software.html <http://www.ignavus.net/software.html> COPYRIGHT
It is distributed under the GNU General Public License. X OSD cat January 2001 XOSD(1)