Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace slash / with space
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replace slash / with space Post 302434016 by pseudocoder on Thursday 1st of July 2010 06:08:08 AM
Old 07-01-2010
Code:
$ echo 'T/T' | sed 's/\// /'
T T
$

or
Code:
$ echo 'T/T' | sed 's!/! !' 
T T
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the last slash alone

Hi All, Can you please help me with the below issue. I want only the last slash to be replaced with space. 06/05/2008/EDED_FD_BDCD_ABCD_123 06/05/2008 EDED_FD_BDCD_ABCD_123 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christineida
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace space by _

Hi I need to know how I change the spaces by _ in folders and filder founded by find ex. find . -name "* *" -exec echo {} \; ./test space ./test space/new file.txt ./test space/new file ./test space/untitled folder ./test space/untitled folder/new fileruben ./Backup/backup/Image... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Substitute single backward-slash with the double backward-slash

Hi, I have a path like this c:\test\sample\programs, i need to change thiis to c:\\test\\sample\\programs. How to perform this? I tried tr command but it didn't help me. Thanks Vijayan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to append backward slash before forward slash

Hi all, I need to know way of inserting backward slash before forward slash. My problem is that i need to supply directory path as an argument while invoking cshell script. This argument is further used in script (i.e. sed is used to insert this path in some file). So i need to place \ in front... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace comma by slash using sed in an UTF8 file

Hello all, I'd like to replace "," by "/" in a utf8 file from postion X to Y. Comma "," is also defined as delimiter. 12345678901234567890,123456789012345,12345678901234567890, aaaa,aaaa,aaaaa ,bbb,bbbb,bbbbb ,cccccc,cc , Result should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fmofmo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace long space to become one space?

Hi, i have the log attached. Actually i want the long space just become 1 space left like this : Rgds, (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace Forward Slash with sed

i need to replace '/' forward slash with \/(backward slash follwed by a forward slash) using sed command when the forward slash occurs as a first character in a file.. Tried something like this but doesn't seem to work. find $1 -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i -e 's/^\//\\\//g' Can someone... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK or SED to replace forward slash

hi hope somebody can help, there seems to be bit on the net about this, but still cant make it work the way i need. i have a file live this mm dd ff /dev/name1 mm dd ff /dev/name2 mm dd ff /dev/name3 mm dd ff /dev/name4 i need to update /dev/name1 etc to /newdev/new/name1 etc so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace slash in date format only

Hello experts. I haven't been able to find a solution for this using the sed command. I only want to replace the forward slash with string "FW_SLASH" only if there's a number right after the slash while preserving the original number. I have a file containing 2 entries: Original File:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace string until 3Rd occurance of forward slash(/)

I have a file abc.txt which has records like 456 /home/fgg/abdc.txt 3567 /home/fdss/vfgb.txt 23 /home/asd/dfght.txt I WANT TO REMOVE STRING UNTIL 3RD OCCURANCE OF FORWARD SLASH Output should be like abdc.txt vfgb.txt dfght.txt (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshupant
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)