Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Select record with MAX value in MySQL Post 302433658 by chebarbudo on Wednesday 30th of June 2010 07:39:48 AM
Old 06-30-2010
The last process:
o INSERT or UPDATE the table files (with latest mod/owner) that was my problem and the reason why I started this thread
o INSERT into the table versions
o DELETE from table uploaded

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select Record based on First Column

Hi, I have a file with multiple records...and I have to select records based on first column....here is the sample file... I01,abc,125,1a2,LBVI02 I01,abc,126,2b5,LBVI02 I02,20070530,254,abc,LLBI01 I02,20070820,111,bvd,NGBI01 I need all records with I01 in first field in one file and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select max value based on filename

Hi, I would just like to know how to get the file with the max filename on a directory and get rid of all the others. For example, in directory A:/ i have the ff files: APPLE2001 APPLE2002 APPLE2003 GRAPE2004 what I want to get is the max in files whose filenames start with APPLE*,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madden
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max value Record from a File

I have a file with 3 columns I want to get the record with the max salary. If there are more than 1 record having the highest salary, i want any one of them. empid,ename,Sal 1,abc,100 2,def,200 3,xyz,300 4,pqr,100 5,mnq,300 Output Any record with 300 as salary Please use next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: traininfa
1 Replies

6. Programming

Getting Rows from a MySQL Table with max values?

I feel stupid for asking this because it seems that MYSQL code isn't working the way that I think it should work. Basically I wrote code like this: select * from `Test_DC_Trailer` HAVING max(DR_RefKey); Where the DR_RefKey is a unique numeric field that is auto iterated (like a primary key)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select record having different value in second column

I want records which have more than one and different value in the second column on the below sample file. Ex, I have the samle file below :- XYZ 1 XYZ 3 abc 1 abc 1 qwe 2 qwe 1 qwe 3 I want to select XYZ and QWE line only. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Yadav
6 Replies

8. Programming

MySQL select user with the same IP address

Dear community, I woul like to make a query to output all the users having the same IP address. The table is somethig like: name logged_ip ==== ========= user1 127.0.0.1 user2 127.0.0.2 user3 127.0.0.3 user4 127.0.0.1 user5 127.0.0.2 user6 127.0.0.5I used this query... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to record max memory usage of program

Hello, I am working on an application that uses allot of memory depending on the input. I am also working on more than one processing algorithm. The program has a long processing time (hours) so it would be nice to be able to monitor the maximum memory footprint of the application during runs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies
FBSQL_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)							 1						    FBSQL_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)

fbsql_affected_rows - Get number of affected rows in previous FrontBase operation

SYNOPSIS
int fbsql_affected_rows ([resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
fbsql_affected_rows(3) returns the number of rows affected by the last INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE query associated with $link_identifier. Note If you are using transactions, you need to call fbsql_affected_rows(3) after your INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE query, not after the commit. If the last query was a DELETE query with no WHERE clause, all of the records will have been deleted from the table but this function will return zero. Note When using UPDATE, FrontBase will not update columns where the new value is the same as the old value. This creates the possibility that fbsql_affected_rows(3) may not actually equal the number of rows matched, only the number of rows that were literally affected by the query. PARAMETERS
o $ link_identifier -A FrontBase link identifier returned by fbsql_connect(3) or fbsql_pconnect(3).If optional and not specified, the function will try to find an open link to the FrontBase server and if no such link is found it will try to create one as if fbsql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. RETURN VALUES
If the last query failed, this function will return -1. SEE ALSO
fbsql_num_rows(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)