Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows to UNIX issues
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Windows to UNIX issues Post 302433579 by Dird on Wednesday 30th of June 2010 03:54:35 AM
Old 06-30-2010
Hi,

Sorry that was a problem of not referencing correctly in the variables. Instead of currentfolder/deeperfolder like in Windows I had the variable just refer to the deeper folder. I now have a problem where it says: CAT: not found

I've googled but haven't found this problem and the line just points to a "}". Has anyone come across this error before & is able to suggest a reason?

Thanks for help.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Windows,Solaris, Red Hat triple boot issues

I have a pentium IV with 512 MB ram and 80 GB HDD. I first installed windows XP on the first primary partition, then Solaris on the second with 20 GB for the solaris partition, and when rebooted , the grub menu functioned as expected giving me the options to dual boot, so next I wanted to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7

Hi All, I recently upgraded to windows 7 and am therefore reinstalling cygwin/x11 after a long time. On XP I would start xterm from the startxwin.bat file. I am experiencing trouble starting with the startxwin executable which is the new recommended startup method as well as afew other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows 7 64 bit issues with X11

Hi, I was hoping that somebody could assist me with the following issue. I recently installed a windows 7 64 bit professional on a desktop with following specs: Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450. (Which was a upgrade of a xp 32 bit based system) Since I'm more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristofvdo
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues with passwordless sftp2 from windows to Linux using F-Secure SSH Client

Hi, I am facing problems whie trying to do a passwordless ssh to Unix box from windows. Public key was generated using F-secure. When the F-secure client attempts it connects without password but when I try to use sftp2 in command line it prompts for password. I have tried several options and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhrajj
0 Replies
os_type(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  os_type(3alleg4)

NAME
os_type - Stores the detected type of the OS. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int os_type; DESCRIPTION
Set by allegro_init() to one of the values: OSTYPE_UNKNOWN - unknown, or regular MSDOS OSTYPE_WIN3 - Windows 3.1 or earlier OSTYPE_WIN95 - Windows 95 OSTYPE_WIN98 - Windows 98 OSTYPE_WINME - Windows ME OSTYPE_WINNT - Windows NT OSTYPE_WIN2000 - Windows 2000 OSTYPE_WINXP - Windows XP OSTYPE_WIN2003 - Windows 2003 OSTYPE_WINVISTA - Windows Vista OSTYPE_OS2 - OS/2 OSTYPE_WARP - OS/2 Warp 3 OSTYPE_DOSEMU - Linux DOSEMU OSTYPE_OPENDOS - Caldera OpenDOS OSTYPE_LINUX - Linux OSTYPE_SUNOS - SunOS/Solaris OSTYPE_FREEBSD - FreeBSD OSTYPE_NETBSD - NetBSD OSTYPE_IRIX - IRIX OSTYPE_DARWIN - Darwin OSTYPE_QNX - QNX OSTYPE_UNIX - Unknown Unix variant OSTYPE_BEOS - BeOS OSTYPE_MACOS - MacOS OSTYPE_MACOSX - MacOS X SEE ALSO
allegro_init(3alleg4), os_version(3alleg4), os_multitasking(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 os_type(3alleg4)