Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML format Post 302433570 by sandy1028 on Wednesday 30th of June 2010 03:34:42 AM
Old 06-30-2010
XML format

Please help to convert the file which is tab separated into xml format
Code:
'Date'  'ID'    'Name'  'Time'  'Average Time'
2010-06-02      3       30943   00:00:50        1.39
2010-06-02      1       4545    00:01:03
2010-06-02      9       8203    00:01:00

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

format xml

i want to grep to a file the numerator-denominator, 1.23456, 1.78901 from the following xml tags. <locks:pair xc:value="numerator/denominator" xc:type="Fields"> <mp:formFactor>1</mp:formFactor> <mp:quotation>numerator-denominator</mp:quotation> <mp:one>1.23456</mp:one>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV format

Can any one give the idea on this, please. I have the following XML file and wants to convert into CSV(comma separated value) format. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <!DOCTYPE Waveset PUBLIC 'waveset.dtd' 'waveset.dtd'> <Waveset> <Object name='ra8736'> <Attribute name='ADDRESS'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar04
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse the file in xml format using awk/nawk

Hi All, I have an xml file with the below format. <a>111</a><b>222</b><c>333<c><d><e>123</e><f>234</f><d><e>456</e><f>789</f> output needed is 111,222,333,123,234 111,222,333,456,789 nawk 'BEGIN{FS="<|>"} {print a,b,c,e,f a="" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML / XSD: what is a good format for amounts?

Suppose I have a XSD definition of amount: <xs:element name="Amount" type="amount> And the amounts themselves are given in the following format in the XML: <amount>1.000.00</amount> In other words, the thousand separator and the decimal point are the same. Does this require that the parser... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split a xml file in proper format

Hi, I have a file which has xml data but all in single line Ex - <?xml version="1.0"?><User><Name>Robert</Name><Location>California</Location><Occupation>Programmer</Occupation></User> I want to split the data in proper xml format Ex- <?xml version="1.0"?> <User> <Name>Robert</Name>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML dateTime format in shell script

How can i frame current date & time in the xml standard dateTime format in shell script 2011-10-18T12:00:00.000000 I got up to the date format using the below code date '+%Y'-'%m'-'%d'T ---------- Post updated at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:53 AM ---------- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

From sql Insert Query to XML format

Hi How do I translate Let say Cat inserts.sql gives Insert into PM9_TAXATION_ROUNDING (STATE_GECODE, TAX_TYPE, TAX_AUTHORITY, SYS_CREATION_DATE, SYS_UPDATE_DATE, APPLICATION_ID, DL_SERVICE_CODE, ROUNDING_METHOD) Values ('xx', 'xx', 'x', TO_DATE('10/26/2012 13:01:20',... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuj87in
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I replace data in between xml tags to required format?

Hi All, I have a requirement to change the data in xml file to required format. Below is the scenario. Please find the attached Xml file which contains data that I need to convert.. <ReleaseIndicatorList><ReleaseIndicator>Alternative... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathyu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert tag based lines to xml format

Hi All, Can some one help me to convert this line of code to xml format. Thanks in advance, preethy. input: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethy
2 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)