Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How would i schedule a job on ESX Post 302433523 by pludi on Wednesday 30th of June 2010 01:05:45 AM
Old 06-30-2010
Bash and crontab have 2 things in common: they run on most Unices, and both are written (largely) in C. That's it.

Searching on the net I found this. Basically, you have to edit /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root directly.
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to schedule a job

Hi, How can i schedule a job, i.e a program named p found at path a/b/c, to run at a time T everyday? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashvik
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to schedule job in cron

Hi, from normal user(oracle) i am unable to run scheduled job in cron: os version: bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS sumail02 5.8 Generic_117350-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60 bash-2.03$ crontab -l 55 * * * * sh /oracle/statistics.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 bash-2.03$ cat /oracle/statistics.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a job using Crontab

I would like to execute my script at 17.30 and 23.00 using crontab, could anybody help me out!! Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

4. AIX

Schedule Job

how to schedule a job in aix, pls explain with cmd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a Cron job

Hi all, I am new to cron jobs.. i wanted to schedule a cron job that wil send a mail to me at 3:00PM on 10th August ie is on Wednesday. 0 15 10 8 3 echo "message from UNIX here"|mail -s "your subject here" user@user.com However this was not executed... Can anyone please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule a corn job

Hi, I new to cron job... I need to schedule a job that runs on a particular day at a specific time say for example need to send a test mail at around 2:30PM on wed 10th August i have used the below syntax, but the job was not executed. 30 14 * * * echo "message from UNIX... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule a cron job

Hi, Can anyone help me out with scheduling a cron job for the below: i wnated to delete file from a folder on every sunday at 05:00 AM this is code i have used. ******************************************************* 0 05 * * 0 find /abc/xyz/pqrs/bak/ -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm -f... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule job

Hi, I have a spcific box called abc in autosys and below that there are 2 jobs. my requirement is to run the abc box only on monday and rest of the day the rest of the jobs should be in success status.. ---------- Post updated at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:45 PM ----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule a job without Cron

Hi All, Is there any way (any utility) to schedule a job to run once in a week on RedHat Linux ? Note- Do not using Crontab. Thanks Pravin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)