Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed or Grep to delete line containing patter plus extra line Post 302433505 by guruprasadpr on Wednesday 30th of June 2010 12:00:27 AM
Old 06-30-2010
Hi

Code:
sed '/CEN/{N;d;}' test.txt

Guru.
This User Gave Thanks to guruprasadpr For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: delete regex line and next line if blank

Hi, I want to write a sed script which from batiato: batiato/giubbe: pip_b.2.txt pip_b.3.txt pip_b.3mmm.txt bennato: bennato/peterpan: 123.txt consoli: pip_a.12.txt daniele: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inserting a line before the line which matches the patter

Hi Is there any command where we can insert a line "2|||" before every line starting with "3|" my input is as follows 1|ETG|12345 3|79.58|||GBP|| 1|ETG|12345 3|79.58|||GBP|| 1|ETG|12345 2|EN_GB||Electrogalvanize 0.5 m2 ( Renault ) 1|ETG|12345 3|88.51|||GBP|| desired output... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string in a range and delete the line

Hi, i need to delete a lines after searching a particular string but this searching should only happen after the 4th line.. basically imagine a file like this From: abcd.yahoo.com To: cdeb.yahoo.com Subject: hi all sdfsd sadasd asdasd dfsdf From: abcd.yahoo.com To:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

'sed' command shows extra line

Here is an interesting problem that I am seeing when using 'sed'. The goal is to print out the names of the Oracle SID's on a system and here is the command I am using: ps -ef|grep ora|grep pmon|awk '{print $NF}'|sed 's/ora_pmon_//' The output of the command after the awk is this: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soleil4716
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

USING sed to delete a line

Please let me know wat would be sed command to delete any partcular line from a file and also moving lines below it to up. ie wen line #9 is deleted data in line #10 should move to #9 and so on. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete extra character in a line?

And I want to delete the characters longer than 20 for each line start with #. The other lines should remain the same. I think this can be done by sed. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks! my input file: #ZP_05494889.1_Clostridium_papyrosolvens... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritacc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line breaks and extra spaces between patterns

Hi, if in between strings "<section" and "</section>" across multiple lines there occurs the string "ole-present", delete all line breaks and replace any tabs or multiple spaces with a single space. Looking for an AWK or SED solution. Thank you. <section ... status = "ole-present" ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioavi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed for appending a line before a pattern and after another patter.

Hi All, I'm appending a line before a pattern and after another pattern(;) but omitting the first pattern - same as if comes duplicates before the second pattern. Also, I'm adding a word before the first pattern - Here is my file select blah blah hello select blah blah ; select... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/grep: check if line exists, if not add line?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to speed up the following as I want to use multiple commands to search thousands of files. is there a way to speed things up? Example I want to search a bunch of files for a specific line, if this line already exists do nothing, if it doesn't exist add it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
4 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)