Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: root-kit
Operating Systems Solaris root-kit Post 302433306 by frankoko on Tuesday 29th of June 2010 07:40:28 AM
Old 06-29-2010
Thanks Jim, I'll try it...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Perl development Kit

Can any please give information abount any perl development tools that i can install in Sun Solaris 10. Is Active State provide any perl IDE for Solaris? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjithin
3 Replies

3. SCO

Looking for openserver 5.0.5 media kit

Hello We are running a pretty old system here which needs to be re-installed. Unfortunately even if all my licences are okay, my install CD are missing in the box. I contacted sco in order to get these media kit, with no luck (product discontinued) I was wondering if some good pal would... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qube001
5 Replies

4. SCO

OpenServe 5.0.0 media kit?

I have a client with an OLD Point of Sale system (another POS tla). Old as in running since 1995! :eek: I'm cloning the system, but want to complete the backup/disaster recovery plan by having the media kit. Does anyone have a 5.0.0 media kit I can beg, borrow or buy? Thanks! JGT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt10
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Hiding a root kit in the NIC

Presentation at Hack.lu: Reversing the Broacom NetExtreme's firmware - Sogeti ESEC Lab Quite interesting idea, that. No trace in the OS, undetectable by any AV or Spyware scanner, and perfectly hidden communication. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pludi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

HP DL380 g6 Riser kit

I have 2 DL380g6 servers, one server has a riser kit installed and the other does not. running rhel5.6, how from the OS can I see the riser kit is installed? lspci didn't list the riser kit, but then again I'm not entirely sure its classified as a pci device? Is there a way to see it from the OS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkeyes001
1 Replies
KITSEND(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)