Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to make a long print string to shotcut form in perl? Post 302433296 by bartus11 on Tuesday 29th of June 2010 07:25:54 AM
Old 06-29-2010
Code:
print "1.readfromfile\
           2.add_ex1(4,5)\
           3.add_ex2(11,5)\
           4.add_ex3(9,3)\
           5.add_ex4(91,4)\n";

This works too:
Code:
print "1.readfromfile
           2.add_ex1(4,5)
           3.add_ex2(11,5)
           4.add_ex3(9,3)
           5.add_ex4(91,4)\n";

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

form validation with perl

Hey guys, I'm just messing around with a perl webpage. The idea is to make a simple validation form that will later insert a record into my DVD database. it's all very basic at the moment, and I worked up my script from the form validation example I found on this website:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LNC
5 Replies

2. Web Development

in cgi perl script a form

hi,i hav a form in cgi perl script.this script accepts a value from user from another html form, and depending upon this value,i need to disable /enable radio buttons in cgi-perl script wen second page is displayed on executing cgi perl script.how do i do it using javascript? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim leading zeros to make field 6 characters long

Hi all- I've got a file that will have multiple columns. In one column there will be a string that is 10 digits in length, but I need to trim the first four zeros to make it 6 characters? example: 0000001234 0000123456 0000234566 0000000321 output: 001234 123456 234566 000321 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Find a string and Print full line

Hi Need a perl script to read lines in a file, scan for a string named "APPLE" and write to different file the only lines containing the matched string. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone, I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email. Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string. GetRyt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting into long delimited string using perl.

Hi, I have a very long pipe delimited string. The length of the string could vary. For example: START|one|two|three|four|five|six|seven START|one|two|three|four|five|six|seven|eight|nine START|one|two|three|four I want to replace in the third occurence of string with another... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy last third char form string

HI Input A.txt ABC907 ABC907_1B_9 ABC985 ABC985_1A_9 ABC985 ABC985_1B_9 ABC985 ABC985_1C_9 ABC05037 ABC05037_1A_9 ABC05037 ABC05037_1B_9 Base of column 2 last third char. If It is A the 1,if B then 2 If C then 3 File B.txt ABC907 ABC907_1B_9 2 ABC985 ABC985_1A_9 1 ABC985... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search a particular String form a file a write to another file using perl script

I have file which contains a huge amount of data. I need to search the pattern Message id. When that pattern is matched I need to get abcdeff0-1g6g-91g3-1z2z-2mm605m90000 to another file. Kindly provide your input. File is like below Jan 11 04:05:10 linux100 |NOTICE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raysf
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert FF (feed form) in text file so that when printing the printer print on a new page accordingly

Hello. First happy new year to everybody. I have a script that generate a text file ( /tmp/part_list.txt for example ). This file can be edited using a kde graphical text editor like kate or kwrite The file can be printed out from command line or within the text editor using the print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)