Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming c++ object constructor question Post 302433176 by santiagorf on Monday 28th of June 2010 10:30:00 PM
Old 06-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
I don't see any similarity in design or inheritance between what you're trying to do and and the example you quote... I don't think the constructor is what lets it do that, are you sure that's the complete code? No external operator functions? Also: You can't cast one value into two values.
The code is taken from:
PHP Code:
http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/htm/ch15.htm 
see listing 15.1 and 15.2. Most of the code is exactly the same as the one I posted with the exception of the main function. According to the book -and I debugged it in order to verify it- this behavior is due to the constructor from String.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Constructor problem

Hi guys I am new to these forums but since I am taking a class at college I would appreciate any help that is possible for this program. My instructor said that when its complete the program should be able to store all 3 fields instead of just 1. public class Greeter2Test { public static... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woot4moo
4 Replies

2. Programming

why constructor cannot be virtual

helo i read many books but i cant find the proper answer that why constructor cannot be virtual can u explain me in simple term that why constructor cannot be virtual Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

3. Programming

how do you handle a constructor and destructor that fail

helo i m new in c++ on linux can u tell me with an simple example that how do you handle constructor and destructor that fail? Regards, Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
4 Replies

4. Programming

Doubt regarding Copy Constructor and return value

Hi All, I have made the simple following program :- #include <string> #include <iostream> using namespace std; class A{ private: int val; public : A(){cout<<"In A()"<<endl;} A (const A& aa) { cout<<"In copy c'tor"<<endl; } }; A f(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am new to PHP and UNIX. I am using Apache to do my testing on a Windows Vista machine. I am getting this error when I am trying to connect to a web service. I did a search and did not see any posts that pertain to this. Here is my function: <?php function TRECSend($a, $b, $c, $d,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EddiRae
0 Replies

6. Programming

question about function object

I have a code as following: #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> #include <list> using namespace std; //the class Nth is a predicates class Nth{ private: int nth; int count; public: Nth(int n):nth(n),count(0){} bool operator()(int){ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
2 Replies

7. Programming

Shared Object Question

Hello, I am new to programming shared objects and I was hoping someone could tell me if what I want to do is possible, or else lead me in the right direction. I have a main program that contains an abstract base class. I also have a subclass that I'm compiling as a shared object. The subclass... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorik
13 Replies

8. Programming

Doubts on C++ copy constructor concept

Hi, If I run the following program class A { public: A() { cout << "default" << endl; } A(const A&) { cout << "copy" << endl; } }; A tmp; A fun() { return tmp; } A test() { A tmp; cout << &tmp << endl; return tmp; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

9. Programming

Constructor?

I am learning about C++ and today am reading concepts for Constructor but it seems a bit difficult to grab it fully. Please anyone explain in simple words about Constructor? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggiwebsinfo
1 Replies

10. Programming

How to initialize an object with another object of different class?

How to initialize an object of class say "A", with an object of type say "B". The following code give the error message "error: conversion from âAâ to non-scalar type âBâ requested" #include <iostream> using namespace std; class B; class A{ public: A() { cout <<"\nA()" << endl; } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmonk
1 Replies
PHPCREDITS(3)								 1							     PHPCREDITS(3)

phpcredits - Prints out the credits for PHP

SYNOPSIS
bool phpcredits ([int $flag = CREDITS_ALL]) DESCRIPTION
This function prints out the credits listing the PHP developers, modules, etc. It generates the appropriate HTML codes to insert the information in a page. PARAMETERS
o $flag - To generate a custom credits page, you may want to use the $flag parameter. Pre-defined phpcredits(3) flags +-----------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | name | | | | | | | description | | | | +-----------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | CREDITS_ALL | | | | | | | All the credits, equivalent to using: CRED- | | | ITS_DOCS + CREDITS_GENERAL + CREDITS_GROUP + | | | CREDITS_MODULES + CREDITS_FULLPAGE. It generates | | | a complete stand-alone HTML page with the appro- | | | priate tags. | | | | | CREDITS_DOCS | | | | | | | The credits for the documentation team | | | | |CREDITS_FULLPAGE | | | | | | | Usually used in combination with the other | | | flags. Indicates that a complete stand-alone HTML | | | page needs to be printed including the informa- | | | tion indicated by the other flags. | | | | |CREDITS_GENERAL | | | | | | | General credits: Language design and concept, | | | PHP authors and SAPI module. | | | | | CREDITS_GROUP | | | | | | | A list of the core developers | | | | |CREDITS_MODULES | | | | | | | A list of the extension modules for PHP, and | | | their authors | | | | | CREDITS_SAPI | | | | | | | A list of the server API modules for PHP, and | | | their authors | | | | +-----------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Prints the general credits <?php phpcredits(CREDITS_GENERAL); ?> Example #2 Prints the core developers and the documentation group <?php phpcredits(CREDITS_GROUP | CREDITS_DOCS | CREDITS_FULLPAGE); ?> Example #3 Printing all the credits <html> <head> <title>My credits page</title> </head> <body> <?php // some code of your own phpcredits(CREDITS_ALL - CREDITS_FULLPAGE); // some more code ?> </body> </html> NOTES
Note phpcredits(3) outputs plain text instead of HTML when using the CLI mode. SEE ALSO
phpversion(3), php_logo_guid(3), phpinfo(3). PHP Documentation Group PHPCREDITS(3)