Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: display cpu model
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers display cpu model Post 302433169 by jlliagre on Monday 28th of June 2010 08:39:51 PM
Old 06-28-2010
lshw and dmidecode are not available on Solaris although the latter can be compiled from source.
On Solaris, to get the CPU model information, you can use either
Code:
$ psrinfo -v
Status of virtual processor 0 as of: 06/29/2010 02:37:10
  on-line since 06/28/2010 20:56:45.
  The i386 processor operates at 2533 MHz,
	and has an i387 compatible floating point processor.
Status of virtual processor 1 as of: 06/29/2010 02:37:10
  on-line since 06/28/2010 20:56:50.
  The i386 processor operates at 2533 MHz,
	and has an i387 compatible floating point processor.

or, if available
Code:
 $ smbios -t SMB_TYPE_PROCESSOR
ID    SIZE TYPE
4     74   SMB_TYPE_PROCESSOR (processor)

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
  Version:  
  Location Tag: uFC-PGA Socket

Family: 191 (Intel Core 2)
  CPUID: 0x1067a
  Type: 3 (central processor)
  Socket Upgrade: 1 (other)
  Socket Status: Populated
  Processor Status: 1 (enabled)
  Supported Voltages: 1.2V
  External Clock Speed: Unknown
  Maximum Speed: 2530MHz
  Current Speed: 2530MHz
  L1 Cache: 18
  L2 Cache: 19
  L3 Cache: None

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's the easiest way to display system cpu, memory, # drives/size ??

I am looking for the easiest and most generic way to determine: System model/class Number of cpu's Clock speed of cpu's (ie 550 MHz) Total Physical Memory (not virtual) Number of Drives/Drive Size Thanks in advance, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyounes
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat display cpu configuration

Hello people ! Does anyone knows how can I get the CPU configuration in the RedHat Box ??? I need know the frequence of cpu and how much cpu(s) in my box ... Thank you, Witt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to display top 5 process (per cpu consumption)

Hello, I have to create shell script being myself real novice in scripting... I was looking on the Internet for some script examples, but I don't have the basic understanding of the shell. I was trying to do something with “ps” command without success. For exemple total number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_awd
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NMON Physical Averages display for multi CPU Server

We have some AIX Unix Servers with 4 or 6 CPU and when type this command “c” in nmon always displays each cpu % with Averages on buttom. However we have several Servers with 18 CPU's and it only shows 16 17 on main page. Does nmon have some command that would show remaining with totals for Physical... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: groosha
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris10 x86 - How to find out the CPU model and speed?

Please let me know if there is any way I can find out (either via command line or SMF) the following: 1.CPU model (eg. Pentium 4,Celeron) 2.CPU speed (eg. 1GHz) for this I could get the output through psrinfo -v, but still is there any other way? 3.Hard disk model (eg. Seagate). When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display just CPU run queue number (Nothing Else)

Im using the vmstat command to display the CPU run queue, but i want to put that into a program so is there a way to just display the number under the r? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
1 Replies

9. SCO

hwconfig CPU model wrong

Hello, I am running SCO Opensever 5.0.7 on a Intel Duo Core system. When I enter hwconfig -h the CPU info is displayed as: cpu - - - unit-1 family-6 type Pentium III (model 7) Is there a way to update this so it is current to the cpu I am using? Does this cause any performance issues? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewerezak
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies
pset_create(2)							   System Calls 						    pset_create(2)

NAME
pset_create, pset_destroy, pset_assign - manage sets of processors SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pset.h> int pset_create(psetid_t *newpset); int pset_destroy(psetid_t pset); int pset_assign(psetid_t pset, processorid_t cpu, psetid_t *opset); DESCRIPTION
These functions control the creation and management of sets of processors. Processor sets allow a subset of the system's processors to be set aside for exclusive use by specified LWPs and processes. The binding of LWPs and processes to processor sets is controlled by pset_bind(2). The pset_create() function creates an empty processor set that contains no processors. On successful return, newpset will contain the ID of the new processor set. The pset_destroy() function destroys the processor set pset, releasing its constituent processors and processes. If pset is PS_MYID, the processor set to which the caller is bound is destroyed. The pset_assign() function assigns the processor cpu to the processor set pset. A processor that has been assigned to a processor set will run only LWPs and processes that have been explicitly bound to that processor set, unless another LWP requires a resource that is only available on that processor. On successful return, if opset is non-null, opset will contain the processor set ID of the former processor set of the processor. If pset is PS_NONE, pset_assign() releases processor cpu from its current processor set. If pset is PS_QUERY, pset_assign() makes no change to processor sets, but returns the current processor set ID of processor cpu in opset. If pset is PS_MYID, processor cpu is assigned to the processor set to which the caller belongs. If the caller does not belong to a proces- sor set, processor cpu is released from its current processor set. These functions are restricted to privileged processes, except for pset_assign() when pset is PS_QUERY. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: EBUSY The processor could not be moved to the specified processor set. EFAULT The location pointed to by newpset was not writable by the user, or the location pointed to by opset was not NULL and not writable by the user. EINVAL The specified processor does not exist, the specified processor is not on-line, or an invalid processor set was specified. ENOMEM There was insufficient space for pset_create to create a new processor set. ENOTSUP The pools facility is active. See pooladm(1M) and pool_set_status(3POOL) for information about enabling and disabling the pools facility. EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_RES_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effectvie set of the calling process. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pooladm(1M), psradm(1M), psrinfo(1M), psrset(1M), p_online(2), processor_bind(2), pset_bind(2), pset_info(2), pool_set_status(3POOL), pset_getloadavg(3C), attributes(5), privileges(5) NOTES
The processor set type of PS_SYSTEM is no longer supported. Processors with LWPs bound to them using processor_bind(2) cannot be assigned to a new processor set. If this is attempted, pset_assign() will fail and set errno to EBUSY. SunOS 5.10 9 Apr 2004 pset_create(2)