Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk concatenation in different lines Post 302433161 by posner on Monday 28th of June 2010 07:27:48 PM
Old 06-28-2010
Awk concatenation in different lines

Hi All

I have the data as

id-number 01
name-id x0 input-id x0 output-id x0

id-number 02

I want the out put as
id-number 01 name-id x0 input-id x0 output-id x0

id-number 02 name-id x0 input-id x0 output-id x0

i want this using awk/sed

we can delimit the file with text "id-number"
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot get logic for concatenation awk

Hello friends, I have a problem in printing an array.. Example if my array line contains 4 elements like following line=0002 , line=202200, line=200002, line= 300313 Now one = sprintf line line line line will concatenate my whole array to one. But I am not sure about the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk for concatenation of column values

Hello, I have a table as shown below. I want to concatenate values in col2 and col3 based on a value in col4. 1 X Y A 3 Y Z B 4 A W B 5 T W A If col4 is A, then I want to concatenate col3 with itself. Otherwise it should concateneate col2 with col3. 1 X Y YY 3 Y Z YZ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation in awk not working

Hello I want to achieve the following. However the concatenation is not working mv `ls -ltr *myfile*.log|awk '{print $9}'` `ls -ltr *myfile*.log|awk '{print `date +'%d%m%y%k%M%S'` $9}'` I tried awk '{x=`date +'%d%m%y%k%M%S'` print $x "" $9}' awk '{x=`date +'%d%m%y%k%M%S'`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chetanz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Concatenation/Joining of lines in a dynamically generated file

Hi, I have a file containing many records delimited by pipe (|). Each record should contain 17 columnns/fields. there are some fields having fields less than 17.So i am extracting those records to a file using the below command awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"} NF !=17 {print}' feedfile.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging multiple lines to columns with awk, while inserting commas for missing lines

Hello all, I have a large csv file where there are four types of rows I need to merge into one row per person, where there is a column for each possible code / type of row, even if that code/row isn't there for that person. In the csv, a person may be listed from one to four times... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RalphNY
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk concatenation issue - SQL generation

Greetings Experts, I have an excel file and I am unable to read it directly into awk (contains , " etc); So, I cleansed and copied the data into notepad. I need to generate a script that generates the SQL. Requirement: 1. Filter and select only the data that has the "mapping" as "direct"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation lines based on first field of the lines

Hello All, This is to request some assistance on the issue that I encountered until recently. Problem is: I have a pipe delimited file in which some lines/records are broken. Now, I have to join/concatenate broken lines in the file to form actual record to make sure that the count of records... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: svks1985
8 Replies
ifdata(1)																 ifdata(1)

NAME
ifdata - get network interface info without parsing ifconfig output SYNOPSIS
ifdata [options] {iface} DESCRIPTION
ifdata can be used to check for the existence of a network interface, or to get information abut the interface, such as its IP address. Un- like ifconfig or ip, ifdata has simple to parse output that is designed to be easily used by a shell script. OPTIONS
-h Print out a help summary. -e Test to see if the interface exists, exit nonzero if it does not. -p Prints out the whole configuration of the interface. -pe Prints "yes" or "no" if the interface exists or not. -pa Prints the IPv4 address of the interface. -pn Prints the netmask of the interface. -pN Prints the network address of the interface. -pb Prints the broadcast address of the interface. -pm Prints the MTU of the interface. Following options are Linux only. -ph Prints the hardware address of the interface. -pf Prints the flags of the interface. -si Prints out all the input statistics of the interface. -sip Prints the number of input packets. -sib Prints the number of input bytes. -sie Prints the number of input errors. -sid Prints the number of dropped input packets. -sif Prints the number of input fifo overruns. -sic Print the number of compressed input packets. -sim Prints the number of input multicast packets. -so Prints out all the output statistics of the interface. -sop Prints the number of output packets. -sob Prints the number of output bytes. -soe Prints the number of output errors. -sod Prints the number of dropped output packets. -sof Prints the number of output fifo overruns. -sox Print the number of output collisions. -soc Prints the number of output carrier losses. -som Prints the number of output multicast packets. -bips Prints the number of bytes of incoming traffic measured in one second. -bops Prints the number of bytes of outgoing traffic measured in one second. AUTHOR
Benjamin BAYART 2006-03-07 ifdata(1)