Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk print second line after search string Post 302433149 by bartus11 on Monday 28th of June 2010 05:45:35 PM
Old 06-28-2010
Code:
awk '/loopback3/{getline;getline;print $3}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search for string and Print previous two lines and current line

Hello, Can anybody help me to correct my sed syntax to find the string and print previous two lines and current line and next one line. i am using string as "testing" netstat -v | sed -n -e '/test/{x;2!p;g;$!N;p;D;}' -e h i am able to get the previous line current line next line but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search column, print line

Hello. I've been banging my head against walls trying to search a comma delimited file, using awk. I'm trying to search a "column" for a specific parameter, if it matches, then I'd like to print the whole line. I've read in multiple texts: awk -F, '{ if ($4 == "string") print $0 }'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matthias03
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string and print the rest of line

Hi Guys, I need to search a string and print the rest of the lines... input: 8 0 90 1 0 59 20 2488 96 30006dde372 S ? 0:00 /etc/opt/SUNWconn/atm/bin/atmsnmpd -n output: 00 /etc/opt/SUNWconn/atm/bin/atmsnmpd -n Actually i don even need the first "00".. any suggestions is appreciated..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines after the search string until blank line is found

All I want is to look for the pattern in the file...If I found it at # places... I want print lines after those pattern(line) until I find a blank line. Log EXAMPLE : MT:Exception caught The following Numbers were affected: 1234 2345 2346 Error java.lang.InternalError:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and print specific string using awk

Hi, I have list of directory paths in a variable and i want to delete those dirs and if dir does not exist then search that string and get the correct path from xml file after that delete the correct directory. i tried to use grep and it prints the entire line from the search.once i get the entire... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string and print top and bottom line

Hi Folks I need a one liner to parse through a log and if the string is found print the line above, the line with the string and the line below. example: The ball is green and blue Billy through the ball higer. Jane got hurt with the ball. So if I search for Billy I would need the 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bombcan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string and print the above line and below lines?.

if the first string matches then print the previous line and current line and also print the following lines if the other string search matches. Input ------ TranTime 2012 10 12 The Record starts here Accountnumber: 4632473431274 TxnCode 323 TranID 329473242834 ccsdkcnsdncskd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and print next all lines in one line until blank line

Dear all I want to search special string in file and then print next all line in one line until blank lines come. Help me plz for same. My input file and desire op file is as under. i/p file: A1/EXT "BSCABD1_21233G1" 757 130823 1157 RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION BTS EXTERNAL FAULT ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match

Hello, one step in a shell script i am writing, involves Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match an example line is below /logs/GRAS/LGT/applogs/lgt-2016-08-24/2016-08-24.8.log.zip:2016-08-24 19:12:48,602 ERROR... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
9 Replies
GETLINE(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						GETLINE(3)

NAME
getdelim, getline -- get a line from a stream LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> ssize_t getdelim(char ** restrict linep, size_t * restrict linecapp, int delimiter, FILE * restrict stream); ssize_t getline(char ** restrict linep, size_t * restrict linecapp, FILE * restrict stream); DESCRIPTION
The getdelim() function reads a line from stream, delimited by the character delimiter. The getline() function is equivalent to getdelim() with the newline character as the delimiter. The delimiter character is included as part of the line, unless the end of the file is reached. The caller may provide a pointer to a malloced buffer for the line in *linep, and the capacity of that buffer in *linecapp. These functions expand the buffer as needed, as if via realloc(). If linep points to a NULL pointer, a new buffer will be allocated. In either case, *linep and *linecapp will be updated accordingly. RETURN VALUES
The getdelim() and getline() functions return the number of characters written, excluding the terminating NUL character. The value -1 is returned if an error occurs, or if end-of-file is reached. EXAMPLES
The following code fragment reads lines from a file and writes them to standard output. The fwrite() function is used in case the line con- tains embedded NUL characters. char *line = NULL; size_t linecap = 0; ssize_t linelen; while ((linelen = getline(&line, &linecap, fp)) > 0) fwrite(line, linelen, 1, stdout); ERRORS
These functions may fail if: [EINVAL] Either linep or linecapp is NULL. [EOVERFLOW] No delimiter was found in the first SSIZE_MAX characters. These functions may also fail due to any of the errors specified for fgets() and malloc(). SEE ALSO
fgetln(3), fgets(3), malloc(3) STANDARDS
The getdelim() and getline() functions conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
These routines first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. BUGS
There are no wide character versions of getdelim() or getline(). BSD
November 30, 2010 BSD