Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: retaining awk array in shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting retaining awk array in shell Post 302433113 by steadyonabix on Monday 28th of June 2010 02:28:22 PM
Old 06-28-2010
Code:
nawk '{
        a[$1" "$2] += $3
} END {
        for ( i in a ){
                split(i ,b ," ")
                printf("%-10d%-6d%-6d\n", b[1], b[2], a[i])
        }
} ' a_2010062400.txt a_2010062400.txt  | sort -k 1n | tail -r

Last edited by radoulov; 06-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could someone give me an example of awk accessing array defined in Korn Shell?

As per title and much apprecieated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglau
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing awk array from shell

Hi, i want awk to read a file and place it's content into two arrays. When trying to read these arrays with a "for a in ${source_path} "-Loop it gives the right result. But when trying to access directly (/bin/echo ${source_path}) it doesn't work. I read "all "the awk threads in this forum and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bateman23
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass array variabel to awk from shell

Hi I need to pass an array to Awk script from Shell. Can you please tell how to do it? How to pass this array add_ct_arr to an awk script or access it in awk? i=1 while ; do add_ct_arr=$(echo ${adda_count} | awk -v i=$i -F" " '{print $i;}') echo ${add_ct_arr} ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: appsguy616
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving values from awk expression into shell array

hi i am trying to save the values i extract from a file with the help of awk in a bash shell array. i have: exec 10<file2 while read LINE <&10; do ARRAY1=$(awk '{print $1}' file2) ((count++)) done echo ${ARRAY1} it prints just blank lines. file1 has two columns and i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning array values using awk in shell scripting

hi My script as below #!/bin/ksh for i in `seq 1 7` do a=$(awk '{print $i}' /home/rama/expenese.txt) done for i in `seq 1 7` do echo "${a}" done content of expense.txt is as below 5032 210179 3110 132813874 53488966 11459221 5300794 I want output as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramakrishna V
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass awk array variable to shell

Hi, all suppose I have following myfile (delimited by tab) aa bb cc dd ee ffand I have following awk command: awk 'BEGIN{FS="\t"}{AwkArrayVar_1=$1;AwkArrayVar_2=$2};END{for(i=0; i<NR; i++) print i, AwkArrayVar_1, AwkArrayVar_2,}' myfileMy question is: how can I assign the awk array... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk array when loading from shell variable

Hi, I have a problem with awk array when iam trying to use awk in solaris box as below..Iam unable to figure out the problem.. Need your help. is there any alternative to make it in arrays from variable values nawk 'BEGIN {SUBSEP=" "; split("101880|110045 101887|110045 101896|110045... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign an shell array to awk array?

Hello All, Can you please help me with the below. #!/bin/bash ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5 EXTRACT_DT:30-SEP-12 VER_NUM:1" ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
fntsample(1)						      General Commands Manual						      fntsample(1)

NAME
fntsample - PDF and PostScript font samples generator SYNOPSIS
fntsample [ OPTIONS ] -f FONT-FILE -o OUTPUT-FILE fntsample -h DESCRIPTION
fntsample program can be used to generate font samples that show Unicode coverage of the font and are similar in appearance to Unicode charts. Samples can be saved into PDF (default) or PostScript file. OPTIONS
fntsample supports the following options. --font-file, -f FONT-FILE Make samples of FONT-FILE. --font-index, -n IDX Font index for FONT-FILE specified using --font-file option. Useful for files that contain multiple fonts, like TrueType Collec- tions (.ttc). By default font with index 0 is used. --output-file, -o OUTPUT-FILE Write output to OUTPUT-FILE. --other-font-file, -d OTHER-FONT Compare FONT-FILE with OTHER-FONT. Glyphs added to FONT-FILE will be highlighted. --other-index, -m IDX Font index for OTHER-FONT specified using --other-font-file option. --postscript-output, -s Use PostScript format for output instead of PDF. --svg, -g Use SVG format for output. The generated document contains one page. Use range selection options to specify which. --print-outline, -l Print document outlines data to standard output. This data can be used to add outlines (aka bookmarks) to resulting PDF file with pdfoutline program. --include-range, -i RANGE Show characters in RANGE. --exclude-range, -x RANGE Do not show characters in RANGE. --style, -t "STYLE: VAL" Set STYLE to value VAL. Run fntsample with option --help to see list of styles and default values. --help, -h Display help text and exit. Parameter RANGE for -i and -x can be given as one integer or a pair of integers delimited by minus sign (-). Integers can be specified in decimal, hexadecimal (0x...) or octal (0...) format. One integer of a pair can be missing (-N can be used to specify all characters with codes less or equal to N, and N- for all characters with codes greather or equal to N). Multiple -i and -x options can be used. EXAMPLES
Make PDF samples for font.ttf and write them to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PDF samples for font.ttf, compare it with oldfont.ttf and highlight new glyphs. Write output to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -d oldfont.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PostScript samples for font.ttf and write output to file samples.ps. Show only glyphs for characters with codes less or equal to U+04FF but exclude U+0370-U+03FF: fntsample -f font.ttf -s -o samples.ps -i -0x04FF -x 0x0370-0x03FF Make PDF samples for font.ttf and save output to file samples.pdf adding outlines to it: fntsample -f font.ttf -o temp.pdf -l > outlines.txt pdfoutline temp.pdf outlines.txt samples.pdf AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2007 Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugen@debian.org> Homepage: <http://fntsample.sourceforge.net/> SEE ALSO
pdfoutline(1) 2010-10-14 fntsample(1)