Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VNC in solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris VNC in solaris 10 Post 302433108 by jlliagre on Monday 28th of June 2010 01:45:18 PM
Old 06-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadRunner750
So what would you all recommend I do?
I still recommend what I did in post #2, i.e. fixing your PATH.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vnc

Anyone know of a site where I can download a copy (non-evaluation copy and preferably free. ;) nods to Neo's post in UNIX Operating System thread) of VNC for RedHat 8? Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Is there something like vnc for solaris?

my desktop is a linux box, and I was wondering if there was a way to leverage X11/associated applications on a v440 remotely... like "Sun Update Connection"...thanks, manny (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

3. Solaris

VNC server from the Companion cd. Solaris 8 SPARC

hey. i have been installing the VNC server from the solaris Companion cd under solaris 8 SPARC, when i try to open the vncserver i get: Xvnc is not in your PATH, how do i add it to the PATH ? and how do i install it if i need to do that, thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Essential packeages to install VNC from SOLARIS COMPANION CD

Hi all....!!! Can someone tell the essential packages need to install VNC from soalris 10 companion cd...? I think there are three packages are essential. (SFWvnc, SFWgcmn, .....) Please help me.. thank you.. Rgd... Leshan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: leshan
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

VNC problem

Hello all, I have the folowing problem: When I connected to a VNC server instance, the screen on the vncserver was frezzed. So, I executed the following commands in order to reestablish the VNC instance: service vncserver stop service vncserver start No problem at this point, but now when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Start of VNC with Solaris

Hello, We have machines running Solaris 2.8 These are part of a process control system. A selection menu after the launch of Solaris can be selected whether the Solaris desktop or Leitsoftware to start. VNC server is up and running when the Solaris user interface is started or when the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eckart.t
1 Replies

7. Solaris

want complete solaris gui in vnc ?

Hi, I have installed vnc software in my desktop and trying start solaris gui and all i get is a partial gui that has one window open. the window i am getting with vncviewer is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chidori
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris and VNC

Hi Guys, I need some assistance with getting vnc viewer from an WinXP machine to be able to connect to a vncserver on Solaris. I have run vncserver on Solaris and i get the following message:- http://i46.tinypic.com/v6ktaf.jpg Is this right ? i see there are a couple of errors in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansnake
4 Replies

9. Solaris

vnc Issue

Dear all, I recently installed did VNC configuration on a Solaris Server. I am using VNC E4 2 7 as my Windows client. The issue is that every time I log into my machine and use terminal ( a few commands like df -h or any other command and then close VNC ( windows). When I log back in ,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Autologin and vnc - Solaris 10

Hi guys, First of all I would like to thank you for reading my post. My question is about having autologin and VNC. I already configure VNC that works perfectly using the following procedure: 1. svcadm enable svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default 2. vi /etc/services vnc-server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennis3
0 Replies
Package::New(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Package::New(3pm)

NAME
Package::New - Simple base package from which to inherit SYNOPSIS
package My::Package; use base qw{Package::New}; #provides new and initialize DESCRIPTION
The Package::New object provides a consistent constructor for objects. I find that I always need these two methods in every package that I build. I plan to use this package as the base for all of my CPAN packages. RECOMMENDATIONS
Sane defaults I recommend that you have sane default for all of your object properties. I recommend using code like this. sub myproperty { my $self=shift; $self->{"myproperty"}=shift if @_; $self->{"myproperty"}="Default Value" unless defined $self->{"myproperty"}; return $self->{"myproperty"}; } use strict and warnings I recommend to always use strict, warnings and our version. package My::Package; use base qw{Package::New}; use strict; use warnings; our $VERSION='0.01'; Lazy Load where you can I recommend Lazy Loading where you can. sub mymethod { my $self=shift; $self->load unless $self->loaded; return $self->{"mymethod"}; } USAGE
CONSTRUCTOR
new my $obj = Package::New->new(key=>$value, ...); initialize You can override this method in your package if you need to do something after construction. But, lazy loading may be a better option. BUGS
Log on RT and contact the author. SUPPORT
DavisNetworks.com provides support services for all Perl applications including this package. AUTHOR
Michael R. Davis CPAN ID: MRDVT DavisNetworks.com http://www.DavisNetworks.com/ COPYRIGHT
This program is free software licensed under the... The BSD License The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Building Blocks base, parent Other Light Weight Base Objects Similar to Package::New Package::Base, Class::Base, Class::Easy, Object::Tiny Heavy Base Objects - Drink the Kool-Aid Moose, (as well as Moose-alikes Moo, Mouse), Class::Accessor, Class::Accessor::Fast, Class::MethodMaker, Class::Meta Even more Spiffy, mixin, SUPER, Class::Trait, Class::C3, Moose::Role perl v5.14.2 2011-12-03 Package::New(3pm)