Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware How to make terminals with a PC(UNIX/LInux) support? Post 302433106 by haixiao_liu on Monday 28th of June 2010 01:30:15 PM
Old 06-28-2010
Thank you!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

App for internet access on unix terminals

I am trying to find out what I should install to provide internet access and browsing possibilities on multiple unix terminals. Can anybody help? TNXS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigger
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding UNIX dumb terminals

Respected members of the Forum, This is my first post. I have a few questions regarding dumb terminals and VT100 dumb terminal emulators. I have to connect a few dumb terminals to an IRIX server There are two options 1) Use Dumb terminals directly 2) Use a Terminal emulator like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ummeed11
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Support?

If the strength of Unix based operating systems such as Linux and Red Hat are based on the fact that they are open-source. Who will provide support for personal computers or average users that uses these operating systems. Wouldn't the absence of some structured and formal support system inhibit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

one command for all unix terminals

Hi, I am working in huge environment, I do type commands from my terminal window repeadly in all same setup unix environments. I am looking some kind of a terminal emulator or some simple program that will help me? basically if type command like 'ls' in one unix terminal window it should echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgmekala
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make sure kernel was compiled with NFS server support

Hi there, I have a Debian Squeeze server. How can I check if my kernel was compiled with NFS server support? Extra question: if it is not, how do I enable NFS support in my kernel? Thanks for your help. Santiago (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Chat program between two soft terminals of my Linux machine

here i havent tried to make a communication between two terminals of different machines not either any socket program my simple aim is use ipc for chat between two soft terminals(tty's) here is my view two terminals with two applications working on same fifo one fifo b/w two terminals try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyam.sunder91
3 Replies
SECURETTY(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      SECURETTY(5)

NAME
securetty - file which lists terminals from which root can log in DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/securetty contains the names of terminals (one per line, without leading /dev/) which are considered secure for the transmis- sion of certain authentication tokens. It is used by (some versions of) login(1) to restrict the terminals on which root is allowed to login. See login.defs(5) if you use the shadow suite. On PAM enabled systems, it is used for the same purpose by pam_securetty(8) to restrict the terminals on which empty passwords are accepted. FILES
/etc/securetty SEE ALSO
login(1), login.defs(5), pam_securetty(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2015-03-29 SECURETTY(5)