Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with bash script to block IP addresses Post 302433076 by grifs71 on Monday 28th of June 2010 10:57:37 AM
Old 06-28-2010
Help with bash script to block IP addresses

I am using a bash script for CentOS 5.5, I found one and modified it, however I want to block the incoming IP addresses and ALLOW the IP addresses that are blocked to send out email.

I will use an internal network range for an example, 10.10.10.0/24 (if a lot of spam is incoming) from this range I want to allow the user to send out to the range.

How do I add allow 10.10.10.0/24 to this script to allow the connection to send out?

The problem I run into is I get a lot of server bruteforce attacks and spamming, yet the customer may email the user on the 10.10.10.0/24 network. We have spam devices in front of the email servers, however this does not stop the spammer from sending directly to the email server.

In the end I just want to DROP the incoming (bad IP's) and allow the (bad IP's) to send out if that makes sense.

Any help would be great.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
IPT=/sbin/iptables
SPAMLIST="spamlist"
SPAMDROPMSG="SPAM LIST DROP"
BADIPS=$(egrep -v -E "^#|^$" /root/spammer_list)

# create a new iptables list
$IPT -N $SPAMLIST

for ipblock in $BADIPS
do
   $IPT -A $SPAMLIST -s $ipblock -j DROP
done

$IPT -I INPUT -j $SPAMLIST
$IPT -I OUTPUT -j $SPAMLIST
$IPT -I FORWARD -j $SPAMLIST

Last edited by pludi; 06-29-2010 at 02:06 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script pass sentence in block

Hello, I want to know is it possible to pass a block of sentence using bash. For example, I have a script called Test.sh that takes in $1 and $2. and I'm calling Test.sh in a.sh so in a.sh Test.sh '' 'This is a sentence' Because block are separated by space so when I do that, I get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i send mail to multiple addresses in same domain in bash?

Suppose i have a txt file that is the list of the addresses,something like: lala0045 john james lala0234 george james and i want to send an email to lala0045@blabla.com and lala0234@blabla.com,the same domain...what is the exact syntax i should use in my script? there is a command... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash, ssh and expect to multiple ip addresses

Hi, I need script that will allow me to connect to multiple clients using ssh on Ubuntu terminal... I have a txt file with the ip addresses of clients, i need a script that will connect to everyone one by one and send some commands... The idea is to check some settings on every client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marko07
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get all ip addresses of servers into a file

Hi all i need to create a script that pings every server in my range (0-254) adn then returns the values to a file? can anyone please help. i am working in the tcsh ( and yes i know how to ping ) but i dont know how to ping them all in one script without copying and pasting a 254 times? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block local and remote port with iptables - Script BASH

Hello I'm beginner in the linux scripting and i would like to get help. I want to create a script that can block one or more Port even see all the TCP port. The ports must be blocked even when starting my machine. Of course requires a second script which will allow the ports that you want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: houstaf
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Script to ftp in to multiple ip addresses

Hello Is there an easy way to login to various ip's..one after the other. I need to login to about 30 aix boxes and put a file in each one... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ftp in to multiple ip addresses

Hello Is there an easy way to login to various ip's..one after the other. I need to login to about 30 aix boxes and put a file in each one... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays that compare ip addresses.

I've been trying to have an array of ip addresses go through a loop one at a time. Then compare if the current element is in another array of ip addresses. I've traced my error with /bin/bash -x + for c in '"${ip}"' ./netk5: line 65: 50.17.231.23 23.64.146.110 23.64.159.139 107.14.36.129... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script getting IP's and MAC addresses

Hy over there, Lets make it simple :) Using a bash script, how to grep only the ip address and the mac address and put them in a file:. for example from the dhcp.conf file we got such things: The script will end up with two columns IP's and MAC adresses as it is showed below: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hermouche
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
DROP 
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands DROP TABLESPACE(7) NAME
DROP TABLESPACE - remove a tablespace SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLESPACE [ IF EXISTS ] tablespacename DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLESPACE removes a tablespace from the system. A tablespace can only be dropped by its owner or a superuser. The tablespace must be empty of all database objects before it can be dropped. It is possible that objects in other databases might still reside in the tablespace even if no objects in the current database are using the tablespace. Also, if the tablespace is listed in the temp_tablespaces setting of any active session, the DROP might fail due to temporary files residing in the tablespace. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the tablespace does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. tablespacename The name of a tablespace. NOTES
DROP TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
To remove tablespace mystuff from the system: DROP TABLESPACE mystuff; COMPATIBILITY
DROP TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLESPACE [create_tablespace(7)], ALTER TABLESPACE [alter_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TABLESPACE(7)