Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: errpt in AIX
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support errpt in AIX Post 302433044 by zaxxon on Monday 28th of June 2010 09:40:49 AM
Old 06-28-2010
You are not sitting in a test center, are you? Smilie

It shows the summary of error report entries from the actual day and the actual hour starting by 00 minutes where every line contains the case-insensitive string "error".

Ie. if you start it at 15:32 today you get all entries from 15:00.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errpt on aix entry.

hi, i have an entry in errpt on aix... any help? --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: AMQFFST3 IDENTIFIER: 8FED25B9 Date/Time: Fri Nov 15 07:20:05 Sequence Number: 2715 Machine Id: 000694DF4C00 Node Id: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errpt

Hello World, When I issue the errpt command 1581762B 0826133303 T H hdisk1 DISK OPERATION ERROR C14C511C 0826133303 T H scsi0 ADAPTER ERROR I found these two unusual errors, wat exactly do these mean ? Im on an aix box. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
3 Replies

3. SuSE

ERRPT in aix , replacement in suse linux?

Errpt- Generates an error report from entries in the log. Errpt is a AIX command. we want equivallent suse linux command. If there is no exact replace ment pls give us alternative way. we want to log each n evry system error and generate an error report (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrguha
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 errpt full of message: DISK OPERATION ERROR

Hi All, Can anyone explain me the meanning of the following errors: LABEL: SC_DISK_ERR2 IDENTIFIER: B6267342 Description DISK OPERATION ERROR Probable Causes DASD DEVICE Failure Causes DISK DRIVE DISK DRIVE ELECTRONICS Recommended Actions PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gianlu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

errpt script

I am looking for a script out there that can email me when my AIX server throws and error that is picked up by errpt -a Thanks SeaCros (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
6 Replies

6. AIX

Help required in analyzing errpt in aix 5.3

I have received errpt like this.Any help will be highly appreciated.Recently my application has been migrated to aix 5.3 and working fine in aix 5.2 with out crashes. LABEL: CORE_DUMP IDENTIFIER: C69F5C9B Date/Time: Thu Apr 23 09:41:29 EDT 2009 Sequence Number: 948... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
3 Replies

7. AIX

errpt message

Hello I have this message from errpt command IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION BFE4C025 0803155809 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 0802155509 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 0801155209 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
6 Replies

8. AIX

Production Issue in AIX Oracle RAC [errpt output : DUPLICATE IP ADDRESS DETECTED IN THE NET]

1)We have 2 node cluster RAC on AIX: ->test1 ->test3 2) After rebooting server both the node sequentailly, we are getting below error from errpt command : # errpt |more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION FE2DEE00 0901223914 P S SYSXAIXIF DUPLICATE IP ADDRESS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX errpt

Hi, just a short question: Is a error label always equal to a error identifier? So it does not matter if i search for an specific identifier (errpt -j) or a specific label (errpt -J)? Regards Ron (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=XrAy=-
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX errpt : ( E7A89C7D Local adapter disabled after unstable singleton for long time )

Medel : 9117-MMC OS: AIX 6.1 Patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 Hacmp version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 Oracle : 11.2.0.3 RAC Node : 2 node Dear, my one node server has been restarted early this morning, So, i tried to start HA and Oracle database. after that, the follow error appears at the node... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomato00
1 Replies
AUVIRT(8)						  System Administration Utilities						 AUVIRT(8)

NAME
auvirt - a program that shows data related to virtual machines SYNOPSIS
auvirt [ OPTIONS ] DESCRIPTION
auvirt shows a list of guest sessions found in the audit logs. If a guest is specified, only the events related to that guest is consid- ered. To specify a guest, both UUID or VM name can be given. For each guest session the tool prints a record with the domain name, the user that started the guest, the time when the guest was started and the time when the guest was stoped. If the option "--all-events" is given a more detailed output is shown. In this mode other records are shown for guest's stops, resource assignments, host shutdowns and AVC and anomaly events. The first field indicates the event type and can have the following values: start, stop, res, avc, anom and down (for host shutdowns). Resource assignments have the additional fields: resource type, reason and resource. And AVC records have the following additional fields: operation, result, command and target. By default, auvirt reads records from the system audit log file. But --stdin and --file options can be specified to change this behavior. OPTIONS
--all-events Show records for all virtualization related events. --debug Print debug messages to standard output. -f, --file file Read records from the given file instead from the system audit log file. -h, --help Print help message and exit. --proof Add after each event a line containing all the identifiers of the audit records used to calculate the event. Each identifier con- sists of unix time, milliseconds and serial number. --show-uuid Add the guest's UUID to each record. --stdin Read records from the standard input instead from the system audit log file. This option cannot be specified with --file. --summary Print a summary with information about the events found. The summary contains the considered range of time, the number of guest starts and stops, the number of resource assignments, the number of AVC and anomaly events, the number of host shutdowns and the number of failed operations. -te, --end [end-date] [end-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or before the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, now is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influenced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, week-ago, this-month, this-year. Today means starting now. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -ts, --start [start-date] [start-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or after the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, midnight is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influ- enced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, this-month, this-year. Today means starting at 1 second after midnight. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -u, --uuid UUID Only show events related to the guest with the given UUID. -v, --vm name Only show events related to the guest with the given name. EXAMPLES
To see all the records in this month for a guest auvirt --start this-month --vm GuestVmName --all-events SEE ALSO
aulast(8), ausearch(8), aureport(8). AUTHOR
Marcelo Cerri IBM Corp Dec 2011 AUVIRT(8)