Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk issue using int function
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk issue using int function Post 302433028 by guruprasadpr on Monday 28th of June 2010 09:00:36 AM
Old 06-28-2010
Hi

Try using 'nawk' in place of 'awk'.

Guru.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

difference between int ** func() and int *& func()

What is the difference between int** func() and int*& func(). Can you please explain it with suitable example. Thanks, Devesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode) doubt...

hello everybody! I want to create a file with permissions for read, write, and execute to everybody using C, so I write this code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> int main(){ int fileDescriptor; fileDescriptor =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csnmgeek
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in awk int() function

awk -vwgt=$vWeight -vfac=$vFactor ' BEGIN { printf("wgt:" wgt "\n"); printf("factor:" fac "\n"); total = sprintf("%.0f", wgt * fac); total2 = sprintf("%.0f", int(wgt * fac)); printf("total:" total "\n"); printf("total2:" total2 "\n"); } ' if vWeight=326.4 vFactor=100 the result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qa.bingo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl int function solved

Hello, I have the below perl function int to return the integer value from the expression but it is not. I am not sure if something misses out here. Any help on this? Thanks in advance. # Code sample Start my $size = int (`1134 sample_text_here`); print "$size \n"; # Code end ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
0 Replies

5. Programming

Handle int listen(int sockfd, int backlog) in TCP

Hi, from the manual listen(2): listen for connections on socket - Linux man page It has a parameter called backlog and it limits the maximum length of queue of pending list. If I set backlog to 128, is it means no more than 128 packets can be handled by server? If I have three... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced AWK Regexp substring to int & Replace

Hi! I have a difficult problem, to step up a unknown version number in a text file, and save the file. It would be great to run script.sh and the version gets increased. Example the content of the textfile.txt hello version = x bye This include three steps 1. First find the char after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beachboy72
2 Replies

7. Programming

Function main returning int?

H friends, As we know, a function returns a value and that value is saved somwhere. like int Sum( int x, int y ) { return x + y; } Total = Sum( 10, 20 ); The value 30 is saved in variable Total. Now the question is, what int value does the function main return, and where is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

8. Programming

Small query regarding function "char * strerror(int errnum)"

As this function returns the address of the string corressponding to the errno value provided to it. Can someone please let me know where, in the memory, it could be (on freeBSD). The MAN page tells under the BUG section that "For unknown error numbers, the strerror() function will return its... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of Int with NR in awk

Hello Everyone, I am new to awk and trying my hand with the diff codes and came across the below code today. It would be great if any of the Guru's help me to understand. awk '{filename = "sample_file" int((NR-1)/34) ".DAT"; print >> filename}' sample_file.DAT 34 is the no of lines each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saratha14
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)