Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Saving file edited whith sed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Saving file edited whith sed Post 302432780 by EAGL€ on Saturday 26th of June 2010 08:52:16 PM
Old 06-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutinizer
Hi Eagl€, you probably mean:
Code:
egrep '>|^[AGC]*$' infile

But I do not think that works here, since then you filtering on the fact that there happens to be no T present on the lines with 3 characters, otherwise it would match lines with more than 3 of those characters as well.
Right, then T should be added but this time other lines can be matched too.

Code:
egrep '^>|^[A-Z]{3}$' infile

is generic Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edited Path in Profile File

Definitely a unix dummy. I edited the paths in the /etc/profile file - following the instructions on an install package. Now can't use vi, cat pg ls or any other unix commands. Guess I'm in big trouble. Path reads MANPATH=/opt/hpnp/man PATH=/opt/hpnpl/bin LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/hpnp/lib ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thewetch
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving changes when using the sed command

Hi Guys, Working on a script in the Vi editor that requires the fifth column of a particular line changed. e.g. Name:Address:email:A where "A" needs to be changed to what the variable $access holds ($access currently has the words admin access in it) when I use this command : `sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rc1138
3 Replies

3. Solaris

/etc/profile file edited. No command working

I have X4500 and I created a user. I wanted to give him root privileges and for editing the sudoers files I typed visudo sudoers. But it said visudo command not found. After googling I found that we need to set path in etc/profile. I edited that and put the following command ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who edited my text file?

I was editing my text file in gvim & I was getting message that its changed & to load again. I work in a workplace environment with everyone having there username.. How can I know that who edited my file? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishanu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a file name that was recently edited when listed using ls command?

I was trying to write a script that will process recently creatd file. From below, the script should process input_20111230.dat file. sam:/top/work/data/input: ls -ltr input_*.dat -rw-rw-rw- 1 work edprod 455668 Dec 24 09:16 input_20111224.dat -rw-r--r-- 1 work edprod ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue while copying file dynamically whith in loop?

I need to copy the log file dynamically and that should run in loop , which means it should pick what ever the latest file is updated in that directory. I am able to display the list and copy to directly but i have no idea on how to pick the dynamically updated files. when i use this code, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johninweb
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Notepad++ hang when open file edited in other text editor

Hi, I would like to ask about the notepad++ text editor application, Although there are alternative and more great text editor in linux (gedit, geany, jedit) im still using the notepad++ sometimes cause for some of my own reason one of those is the minimalist text(what i mean is notepad++ has a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Print Edited Line Along With Original Line

Hi, I have an input file like this line1 line2 line3 hello unix how are you This is what I am expecting my output to be line1 line2 #line3 hello unix how are you line3 hello (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command is saving output as blank file

Hi, I am working on a script where I am adding adding colors to few of the info in the output. Now , after that is done , I see colour codes in log files which I don't want to see.:mad::mad::mad::mad: So , I tried using sed command in script as below which gives me o/p (new.log) as blank file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dream4649
7 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)