Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming c++ object constructor question Post 302432756 by santiagorf on Saturday 26th of June 2010 02:59:16 PM
Old 06-26-2010
c++ object constructor question

I have the following code

Code:
class Param{
    public:
    Param(int aa, int bb){
        a=aa;
        b=bb;
    }
int a,b;
};

void function(Param);

Code:
int main(){

function(2,3);
    return 0;
}

Code:
void function(Param par){
    cout<<par.a;
}

, and when I run it, I get the following message error:

Code:
.../main.cpp|21|error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘Param’ requested|

I know the problem is that function should have been called with an object from Param, but I was expecting that the constructor Param(int , int) would do the job.
What is wrong with my assumption, and how could I fix this problem?

thank you in advance!!
santiagorf

Last edited by santiagorf; 06-26-2010 at 04:45 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Constructor problem

Hi guys I am new to these forums but since I am taking a class at college I would appreciate any help that is possible for this program. My instructor said that when its complete the program should be able to store all 3 fields instead of just 1. public class Greeter2Test { public static... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woot4moo
4 Replies

2. Programming

why constructor cannot be virtual

helo i read many books but i cant find the proper answer that why constructor cannot be virtual can u explain me in simple term that why constructor cannot be virtual Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

3. Programming

how do you handle a constructor and destructor that fail

helo i m new in c++ on linux can u tell me with an simple example that how do you handle constructor and destructor that fail? Regards, Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
4 Replies

4. Programming

Doubt regarding Copy Constructor and return value

Hi All, I have made the simple following program :- #include <string> #include <iostream> using namespace std; class A{ private: int val; public : A(){cout<<"In A()"<<endl;} A (const A& aa) { cout<<"In copy c'tor"<<endl; } }; A f(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am new to PHP and UNIX. I am using Apache to do my testing on a Windows Vista machine. I am getting this error when I am trying to connect to a web service. I did a search and did not see any posts that pertain to this. Here is my function: <?php function TRECSend($a, $b, $c, $d,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EddiRae
0 Replies

6. Programming

question about function object

I have a code as following: #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> #include <list> using namespace std; //the class Nth is a predicates class Nth{ private: int nth; int count; public: Nth(int n):nth(n),count(0){} bool operator()(int){ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
2 Replies

7. Programming

Shared Object Question

Hello, I am new to programming shared objects and I was hoping someone could tell me if what I want to do is possible, or else lead me in the right direction. I have a main program that contains an abstract base class. I also have a subclass that I'm compiling as a shared object. The subclass... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorik
13 Replies

8. Programming

Doubts on C++ copy constructor concept

Hi, If I run the following program class A { public: A() { cout << "default" << endl; } A(const A&) { cout << "copy" << endl; } }; A tmp; A fun() { return tmp; } A test() { A tmp; cout << &tmp << endl; return tmp; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

9. Programming

Constructor?

I am learning about C++ and today am reading concepts for Constructor but it seems a bit difficult to grab it fully. Please anyone explain in simple words about Constructor? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggiwebsinfo
1 Replies

10. Programming

How to initialize an object with another object of different class?

How to initialize an object of class say "A", with an object of type say "B". The following code give the error message "error: conversion from âAâ to non-scalar type âBâ requested" #include <iostream> using namespace std; class B; class A{ public: A() { cout <<"\nA()" << endl; } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmonk
1 Replies
Pod::WSDL::Param(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Pod::WSDL::Param(3pm)

NAME
Pod::WSDL::Param - Represents the WSDL pod for a parameter of a method (internal use only) SYNOPSIS
use Pod::WSDL::Param; my $param = new Pod::WSDL::Param('_IN myParam $string This parameter is for blah ...'); DESCRIPTION
This module is used internally by Pod::WSDL. It is unlikely that you have to interact directly with it. If that is the case, take a look at the code, it is rather simple. METHODS
new Instantiates a new Pod::WSDL::Param. The method needs one parameter, the _IN, _OUT or _INOUT string from the pod. Please see SYNOPSIS or the section "Pod Syntax" in the description of Pod::WSDL. EXTERNAL DEPENDENCIES
[none] EXAMPLES
see Pod::WSDL BUGS
see Pod::WSDL TODO
see Pod::WSDL SEE ALSO
Pod::WSDL AUTHOR
Tarek Ahmed, <bloerch -the character every email address contains- oelbsk.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Tarek Ahmed This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2010-12-18 Pod::WSDL::Param(3pm)