Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for pfiles command not working Post 302432549 by fpmurphy on Friday 25th of June 2010 09:53:55 AM
Old 06-25-2010
It is a SystemTap script.

This SystemTap Beginners Guide should help you understand the basics of SystemTap.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Command in Script Not Working

Hi, I have about enough UNIX knowledge to fill a thimble, but when a co-worker left I inherited an interface that runs Informatica on a UNIX box. I like UNIX, but my lack of skill is a real hindrance right now and I need to be able to archive the 9 csv files that are put in a directory by the FTP... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: JeffR
10 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get the filepath and filenames in pfiles PID command?

Hi, When I use pfiles PID, it displays the below output and i just see the inode, can i able to get the full path and file name? pl help me on this. Current rlimit: 8192 file descriptors 0: S_IFCHR mode:0620 dev:308,0 ino:12582968 uid:1001378434 gid:7 rdev:24,26 O_RDWR ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balamv
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with shell script: cp command not working, but mv command works...

Hello. I would like to ask your help regarding the cp command. We are using a cp command to create a back-up copy of our file but to no avail. It's just not working. We already checked the file and directory permissions and all seems correct. We have a script (ftp.script) which calls on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udelalv
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pfiles command equivalent in Linux

May i know what is the equivalent tool in linux for pflies in solaris. ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command not working in the script

when i am using Mailx command from AIX box, i am getting the following errors : uuencode: not found. mailx: not found. but when i executed the mailx command as shown below it worked cat /etc/hosts | mailx -v -s "test email" user@server.com It works fine in the production server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script not working but command works in command prompt

Hi everyone I have a problem with my script If I try directly this command /usr/bin/nice -n 19 mysqldump -u root --password="******" wiki_schneider -c | nice -n 19 gzip -9 > /point_de_montage/$(date '+%Y%m%d')-wiki-db.sql.gz It works But if I simply add this command in a script and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: picemma
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo command not working in the script

HI I have and echo command which works perfectly in the shell but when i execute in the script it gives me an error code query is as below QUERY=`echo "Select Severity,Dupl_count,Creation_Time,Last_Received,Node_Name,Node_Name,Object,Message_Group,Message_Text,Last_Annotation from " \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logger command not working for one script

Hi, On RHEL 7.2, I created below script in cronjob for every minute. If this process is found to be not running, it should record message in /var/adm/xymessages, start it and send email. #!/bin/bash source /export/home/prodadm/.bash_profile if ; then ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
8 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)