Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create hash dynamically in perl? Post 302432517 by pseudocoder on Friday 25th of June 2010 07:22:30 AM
Old 06-25-2010
I don't know much about perl hashes (yet), but one could also solve that problem like this:
Code:
$ perl -lne '{@x=split(/,/,$_), $a=1 if /^Start/;
              @y=split(/,/,$_) if $a == 1}
              END{ for (0..4) {print "$x[$_]: $y[$_]"}}' file
StartTime: 12:13
EndTime: 12:14
COUNTER1: 0
COUNTER2: 1
COUNTER3: 0
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set dynamically keys names in perl %hash

hello I have loop , in this loop im picking names , this names I want to be keys in %hash but I don't know how to set in every loop entertain different key in the %hash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to dynamically create a file

I'm trying to write a script that generates a file of varying size filled with random text and am having some difficulties. The major problems are that I'm limited to csh and a lot of the systems I have to run this on don't have a /dev/random (so a wrapper around the dd if=/dev/random or dd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: stareja
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically create arrays

I have a bash challenge. I have several virtualization hosts for which I need to collect VM information. I need to dynamically create an array for each host. The contents of the array should be the list VMs running on the host. Here's the logic; I just need someone to help me with the details:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EdgarTorres
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to dynamically create user name in perl and move the files?

Hi, I have two problems in which i have stuck up. a) To move the files and copy back. b) To create user dynamically. Question 1: I have to move the files to some other directory and copy it when all the process is done. I have the code like this: $file = "/home/data/file1.txt";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash - using a range as a hash key.

Hi, In Perl, is it possible to use a range of numbers with '..' as a key in a hash? Something in like: %hash = ( '768..1536' => '1G', '1537..2560' => '2G' ); That is, the range operation is evaluated, and all members of the range are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsw
3 Replies

7. Programming

perl script to create hash.

Hi, I have the xml file file this, perl script to create hash<p> <university> <name>svu</name> <location>ravru</location> <branch> <electronics> <student name="xxx" number="12"> <semester number="1"subjects="7" rank="2"/> </student> <student name="xxx"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically parse BibTeX and create hash of hash

Hello gurus, Iam trying to parse following BibTex file (bibliography.bib): @book{Lee2000a, abstract = {Abstract goes here}, author = {Lee, Wenke and Stolfo, Salvatore J}, title = {{Data mining approaches for intrusion detection}}, year = {2000} } @article{Forrest1996, abstract =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

10. Programming

Perl: restrict perl from automaticaly creating a hash branches on check

My issue is that the perl script (as I have done it so far) created empty branches when I try to check some branches on existence. I am using multydimentional hashes: found it as the best way for information that I need to handle. Saing multidimentional I means hash of hashes ... So, I have ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies
IO::Async::Signal(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Async::Signal(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Signal" - event callback on receipt of a POSIX signal SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Signal; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $signal = IO::Async::Signal->new( name => "HUP", on_receipt => sub { print "I caught SIGHUP "; }, ); $loop->add( $signal ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a particular POSIX signal is received. Multiple objects can be added to a "Loop" that all watch for the same signal. The callback functions will all be invoked, in no particular order. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_receipt Invoked when the signal is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": name => STRING The name of the signal to watch. This should be a bare name like "TERM". Can only be given at construction time. on_receipt => CODE CODE reference for the "on_receipt" event. Once constructed, the "Signal" will need to be added to the "Loop" before it will work. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Signal(3pm)